EBay account suspended. Help!

Options
2»

Comments

• mossstitchmama
    Options
    It's a brand new eBay account she set up yesterday on a brand new computer. Her halls of residence will be the only address one there. (When at home she always got me to order on my eBay account).

She's on her way back from lectures and has been told by eBay to call them. It must be something to do with a previous occupant.
  • mossstitchmama
    Options
    All ok now.

She had an online chat with a customer service rep. They asked her to confirm all her details (understandable) and then asked what sort of things she would be buying and selling in the future????? She also had to confirm that she didn't have any other eBay accounts in her name.

She asked if the problem was linked to another user at the same address but the C.S. rep wouldn't answer.

Account reinstated and hopefully her book will be on its way.

Thank you for all your advice.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,206 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    All ok now.

She had an online chat with a customer service rep. They asked her to confirm all her details (understandable) and then asked what sort of things she would be buying and selling in the future????? She also had to confirm that she didn't have any other eBay accounts in her name.

She asked if the problem was linked to another user at the same address but the C.S. rep wouldn't answer.

Account reinstated and hopefully her book will be on its way.

Thank you for all your advice.

It sounds like it was an ISP issue then and ebay, for once, has been sensible in recognising the fact that this sort of thing can happen in shared accommodation.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • TKPeters
    TKPeters Posts: 1,877 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Uniform Washer
    Options
    There is a current glitch showing "Account restricted"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts