Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary

Options

Comments

• missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    School Uniforms are in the washing machine.

We've all just had toast and a banana for breakfast.
    We've got banana and peanut butter sandwiches for lunch, and the cupcakes from yesterday.
    Dinner will be...... Not sure yet....
  • Rachel24
    Rachel24 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You are always so creative with your meals. I find I constantly make the same food. Either fajitas, spag bol, mince and tatties, chilli or sausage casserole. Apart from the odd curry I make I can never really think of much else. I find it gets so boring. I like seeing what you’re going to make because it gives me some good ideas. When is your OH back missy? Xx
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I used to have that issue Rachel- I now buy whats on offer and try and be creative. I find i save cash and eat a bit differently. My friend gets those hello fresh boxes which send you recipes but no chance could we afford those... Maybe one day... But even then Id prob be too tight lol.

I had a mare with washing yday...i was hanging it up in my utility, stood on the corner of the cat litter and it went EVERYWHERE. All over my clothes etc. Took forever to clean up and its still got bits I keep finding. Thank god it was clean. Funny now but I almost cried haha.

Oli is just having a nap then im taking them out... Dunno where lol xx
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Rachel24 wrote: »
    You are always so creative with your meals. I find I constantly make the same food. Either fajitas, spag bol, mince and tatties, chilli or sausage casserole. Apart from the odd curry I make I can never really think of much else. I find it gets so boring. I like seeing what you’re going to make because it gives me some good ideas. When is your OH back missy? Xx

Ah thanks sugar, I used to be like that, everything was either using mince or chicken. But I went vegan for a while last year and had to be creative with meals as I wasn't cooking seperately for me so had to make meals tasty enough that OH would eat them. So pretty much all meals are veggie, we eat veggie sausages and soya mince, makes life easier because you can cook from frozen. We're not eating vegan now, but pretty much veggie, although do have some burgers and salmon in the freezer from when they were really reduced. I've also had to be creative as I'm trying to find meals small ones will eat, so a lot of meals involve just putting ingredients together I know they will eat. Or swapping ingredients out that they won't eat for ingredients they will. I love cooking. Oh and OH doesn't eat Gravy, so any casserole, stew or gravified pie etc is out!! V annoying, again so it's necessity creativity as opposed to want to do it lol. Sorry rambled on there lol.

OH is away for another 3-4 weeks I think. I miss him, especially the company in the evenings.... But shopping is cheaper at least. I'm trying to work out a budget for when he's home..... It's hard to guage.
  • missymoo81
    Options
    laurenh1 wrote: »
    I used to have that issue Rachel- I now buy whats on offer and try and be creative. I find i save cash and eat a bit differently. My friend gets those hello fresh boxes which send you recipes but no chance could we afford those... Maybe one day... But even then Id prob be too tight lol.

I had a mare with washing yday...i was hanging it up in my utility, stood on the corner of the cat litter and it went EVERYWHERE. All over my clothes etc. Took forever to clean up and its still got bits I keep finding. Thank god it was clean. Funny now but I almost cried haha.

Oli is just having a nap then im taking them out... Dunno where lol xx

Oh god Lauren that sounds like an absolute nightmare! Cat litter is so dusty it gets everywhere. But small mercies, at least it was clean! I would have been close to tears too. Like me trying to light the fire yesterday! Honestly it took me forever I was properly swearing and throwing things and grrrrrrring, fortunately small ones were at school. But I managed to smoke the house out, my hair still stinks!!!!!!

Washing is hanging up and small Ones coats are in the machine as didn't realise how dirty they were until I put it on ROo yesterday, very ashamed I had to send him to school like that!
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Trying to sort the clean washing mountain, my god there's a lot! 'Sigh' we're still all In our pyjamas.
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I couldn't believe Id done it!! And you're right the dusy covered EVERYTHING- And id just mopped haha.

I spend sp much less when OH is away. I figure hes away anyeay might as well make the most of it.

Been to a castle near us today for a picnic, was nice to get out & about. I got the English heritage card with clubcard points & im trying to use it at least once per month.
    How ar ebay sales comimh on? Xx
  • missymoo81
    Options
    laurenh1 wrote: »
    I couldn't believe Id done it!! And you're right the dusy covered EVERYTHING- And id just mopped haha.

I spend sp much less when OH is away. I figure hes away anyeay might as well make the most of it.

Been to a castle near us today for a picnic, was nice to get out & about. I got the English heritage card with clubcard points & im trying to use it at least once per month.
    How ar ebay sales comimh on? Xx

Oooh lovely, feel like we should have got out and about today, feeling a little stir crazy! Children are more than happy though so it's just me, maybe I'll open a window get some fresh air and plan to go out tomorrow.....

I've turned off notifications to eBay sales, as don't want to know the total, but I think they're around £19..... Lots of watchers though so we'll see, have found lots more stuff to eBay whilst tidying, although don't really want to have to pay fees for more than 20 items! Will definitely list the other 9 things for free tomorrow. Will do an update with how im getting on making the £200 on Monday.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    missymoo81 wrote: »
    School Uniforms are in the washing machine.

We've all just had toast and a banana for breakfast.
    We've got banana and peanut butter sandwiches for lunch, and the cupcakes from yesterday.
    Dinner will be...... Not sure yet....

I see you're still using up the bananas :rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • missymoo81
    Options
    Yep think we will Probably have eaten about 40 bsnanas at least between the 3 of us!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure