Thread pulled from Parking Ticket Forum

Options
4consumerrights
4consumerrights Posts: 2,002 Forumite
edited 21 November 2015 at 11:38AM in Site feedback
Good afternoon

Can you please explain why the following thread has been pulled from the Parking Ticket Forum?

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)

The thread relates to criminal offences and was reported on the Parking Prankster and Pepipoo forums. It is relevant to the sub-forum on a number of counts.

It is noted that the thread was only pulled after I posted on it and MSE were quite happy for it to remain for a few days.

It is therefore clearly apparent that the thread was pulled following no doubt a "complaint" - perhaps you would be good enough to inform me who the complainant was?

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/phil-hilsden-sentenced-today.html

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=102756&pid=1128965&st=0&#entry 1128965

I will no doubt be contacted via the Guardian and Sunday Times newspapers in due course again regarding this story and would therefore welcome your comments prior to making any statement in national press.

Comments

• StaffsSW
    StaffsSW Posts: 5,788 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MSE covering up connections with a convicted criminal...?

I wonder how ML could spin that one in his next TV junket.
    <--- Nothing to see here - move along --->
  • Former_MSE_Megan
    Options
    Hi,

We removed the thread as it was reported to mention a PPR'd member. As it states in our Forum rules, we remove anything that names PPR'd members. As they can't have a say themselves, we don't think it's fair to leave it up. We would do this no matter the content that it relates to.

Follow the Forum on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    I smell bovine excrement ... it would have been easy to delete any POST that mentioned a PPR'd member. There was no need whatsoever to pull the entire thread.
  • 4consumerrights
    4consumerrights Posts: 2,002 Forumite
    edited 20 November 2015 at 6:49PM
    Options
    MSE_Megan wrote: »
    Hi,

We removed the thread as it was reported to mention a PPR'd member. As it states in our Forum rules, we remove anything that names PPR'd members. As they can't have a say themselves, we don't think it's fair to leave it up. We would do this no matter the content that it relates to.

Hi Megan

Thanks for the prompt feedback - however it is noted that the thread had been up for several days with the same member ppr'd mentioned or referred to which any member of the parking forum community would be able to relate to.

Edit: You advise that it was reported to contain a reference to a ppr'd member, can you advise who reported that to you? This can of course be done via email or private message.

There are plenty of threads on the MSE forum which mention PPR'd members and those threads are not pulled.

I am more interested to learn though why as a publisher you enabled the harassment to continue in such a vociferous and consistent manner and then ppr'd that member (who was the victim) when he was replying to a number of throw away accounts created by his attacker or at his attacker's direction. In the course of this harassment campaign my account was also blocked and suspended for a couple of weeks on two occasions which is linked.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure