Britsh Gas fix until august 2019

Options
gitch01
gitch01 Posts: 53 Forumite
hello all
I have just come off a BG tariff back on to their standard tariff. they have a fixed tariff until august 2019 which is basically their standard tariff now ,fixed until 2019. I currently pay by direct debit. gas is £50 per month and electricity is £36 per month.

is this worth considering????

thanks for any replies

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What do the switching sites say you could spend? You need to compare your actual energy used in kWh per year and see what is available before making any decisions.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've always found them to be the dearest of the big companies, for me.
  • gitch01
    Options
    i did a comparison using the actual usage and i can save around £216 with someone called Green Energy Network....never heard of them....or the rest that are around £180-200 saving......One Select, Tonik, Bristol Energy, Breeze, Affect.....all are a 1 year fixed.
    just a bit wary when i read about problems people have when they switch...Iresa being one of them being discussed on here
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    gitch01 wrote: »
    i did a comparison using the actual usage and i can save around £216 with someone called Green Energy Network....never heard of them....or the rest that are around £180-200 saving......One Select, Tonik, Bristol Energy, Breeze, Affect.....all are a 1 year fixed.
    just a bit wary when i read about problems people have when they switch...Iresa being one of them being discussed on here

Iresa has been a bit of a pain for some of us but it has not put me off switching the cheapest supplier. All supplies are protected as are credit balances. Bear in mind, that the percentage of switches that have issues is statistically very small. Go for it - even the Big 6 can get things wrong from time to time.
  • House_Martin
    House_Martin Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    I've always found them to be the dearest of the big companies, for me.
    Not always, their white label brand, Sainsburys Energy was up there with the cheapest for a few years until OFGEM stuck their oar in an banned white label brands from offering cheaper tariffs than the parent supplier..Also BG had the cheapest tariff in the UK for dual fuel for their one year collective fix. in 2016 pre Brexit vote !.It was even cheaper than a leading one year fix from Sainsburys Energy..Keep your eye out for another BG collective popping up
  • gitch01
    Options
    I'm just a bit wary of these companies I've never heard of. also with this Brexit stuff going on I'm just wondering if a 2 year fixed with BG might look good in 6 months time.......I've never had any issues with BG, always jumped on their special tariffs. I did that BG collective last time as well
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure