while the claim is ongoing...

Options
HI, I have started 4 claims against my bank and they are asking for a phone number that they can talk to me on.... that seems suspiciously informal and am wondering if I should tell them to e-mail only....
Also (getting paranoid now) could they remove my overdraft facility to compromise my finances and make me go for a quick agreement to a lesser amount? (i think I am due about £94,000 so would be a big incentive to them)......

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    HI, I have started 4 claims against my bank and they are asking for a phone number that they can talk to me on.... that seems suspiciously informal and am wondering if I should tell them to e-mail only..

Why is it suspicious? It certainly means they have found nothing so far to uphold your complaint (they wouldnt want to speak with you if they had).

They wont deal via email. You are free to refuse phone contact and that means they will assess your complaint on what they have.
    Also (getting paranoid now) could they remove my overdraft facility to compromise my finances and make me go for a quick agreement to a lesser amount? (i think I am due about £94,000 so would be a big incentive to them)......

They wont remove your overdraft.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You can tell them how you want to be contacted and when it is convenient.

E-Mail is not an option however.

There is no reason to believe the Bank would remove your overdraft facility simply because you have made complaints.

If these are PPI complaints, then you must have been in a huge amount of debt to have paid anywhere near £94, 000 for insurance!
  • robby9
    Options
    big debts indeed - two loans 1 15k then one 24k when that ended and credit card with 14k on it for about 20 years!
    scary former life!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    robby9 wrote: »
    big debts indeed - two loans 1 15k then one 24k when that ended and credit card with 14k on it for about 20 years!
    I think you'll probably need to re-visit your speculative PPI redress calculations, they appear to be grossly exaggerated even taking into account 8% interest.. ;)

You don't think they refund the loan amounts, do you? The refund is only of any PPI you paid.
  • robby9
    Options
    on straight 8% i would agree but compensating balance calculation changes all that
    front loaded on the loans - ongoing on credit cards, the compensated balance got to point of credit many years ago - so on my old card the balance would have been 0 in 2005 but continued on until 2008 at max balance and then next card compensating balance went into credit in 2014 and maxed out since.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure