Trustpilot - not to be trusted so much

Options

Comments

• OceanSound
    OceanSound Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Can't sort for 1 star reviews on TrustPilot and they have no intention of changing system to enable this functionality. Any negative review (even genuine) is pounced upon by the business or trustpilot (or both) and removed.

Even if the user changes the review to make it more palatable to TrustPilots taste, Trustpilot don't seem to be in a hurry to restore it. They will go on to ask for proof of purchase. Provide them proof of purchase, even then not in a hurry to restore the review. If they restore it after 1 week, they've accomplished their task. Because it will appear way down the list, then hardly anyone's going to see that review. See how it all fits together?.

When I asked them why they don't have the capability to filter for one star reviews, they said that most recent reviews give a picture of the business NOW. Another staff member said that they handle support tickets in the order they are received. Not so, see picture below:

[sorry as a new user I cannot post links to pictures]

Ticket: 758415 was an inquiry that was made later than 758054. However, 758415 was responded to earlier than 758054. When they did responded to 758054, they asked me to provide proof of purchase. I sent this within a 2 hours. Its now over 2 days and my review is still suspended. If I had given 5 stars to that business, it would have never been taken down and no proof of purchase would have been requested. See below:

[sorry as a new user I cannot post links to pictures]
  • Chris_Carson
    Options
    Trustpilot cannot be trusted at all. I ordered a computer on-line from Arbico and after paying by credit card emailed for more information. I wasn't too sure about the answers I was getting and was a bit worried I wasn't being told the truth. So I phoned them only to get the same run-around. The very next morning feeling unsure, I cancelled the order. Then the problems began. They refused to return the money so I had no other option but to list a dispute with the Credit Card company who advised to threaten court action if they refuse to refund the full amount and that they would support my Small Claims Court action. I did finally get the full refund I was entitled to, but it was fraught with difficulty.

I then listed a non-sensational, honest and fair negative review on Trustpilot who refused to publish it. When I emailed to ask why, they told me I had no proof of Arbico's dishonest intentions. When I explained that I had to threaten court action to get a full refund from Arbico, they practically called me a liar and still refused to publish the review. Out of the 1000-odd reviews on Truspilot regarding Arbico, all of them were five star. That's impossible. Not even Amazon would get so many five star reviews.

The bottom line: avoid Trustpilot like the plague. They are deceitful and dishonest.
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Trustpilot cannot be trusted at all. I ordered a computer on-line from Arbico and after paying by credit card emailed for more information. I wasn't too sure about the answers I was getting and was a bit worried I wasn't being told the truth. So I phoned them only to get the same run-around. The very next morning feeling unsure, I cancelled the order. Then the problems began. They refused to return the money so I had no other option but to list a dispute with the Credit Card company who advised to threaten court action if they refuse to refund the full amount and that they would support my Small Claims Court action. I did finally get the full refund I was entitled to, but it was fraught with difficulty.

I then listed a non-sensational, honest and fair negative review on Trustpilot who refused to publish it. When I emailed to ask why, they told me I had no proof of Arbico's dishonest intentions. When I explained that I had to threaten court action to get a full refund from Arbico, they practically called me a liar and still refused to publish the review. Out of the 1000-odd reviews on Truspilot regarding Arbico, all of them were five star. That's impossible. Not even Amazon would get so many five star reviews.

The bottom line: avoid Trustpilot like the plague. They are deceitful and dishonest.

It sounds like your review was libelous. You can't write a review accusing another company of "dishonest intentions" without having proof.

Threatening them with court action is not proof.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Interesting that posts 12 and 13 were almost exactly a year apart. :)
  • codger
    codger Posts: 2,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How felicitous, that this thread should be current at the same time -- though in an unintentional way -- as the one about iFlorist. Why? Go here:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/29/iflorist_reviews?page=2

And then here:

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2013/jan/26/fake-reviews-plague-consumer-websites

and here:

https://www.davidnaylor.co.uk/google-how-can-you-trust-www-trustpilot-co-uk.html

and here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33186836

and here:

http://www.kwikchex.com/2015/06/fake-online-reviews-kwikchex-works-with-bbc-to-expose-review-fraud-2

and then ask yourself: would anyone with an ounce of sense take the slightest notice of the £multimillion commercial enterprise that is Trustpilot? It compels no-one to make use of it. So . . . don't. :)
  • Bren6
    Options
    Being in the middle of a dispute with perhaps the most well known double glazing and home improvement company in the UK, and not getting anywhere, I went on Trustpilot to find out if other customers had had similar problems and if so, if any advice could be gleaned. I found something quite puzzling. I'm in my seventies and not too computer savvy, perhaps what I found is not unusual. On TP there were pages of reviews and 99 per cent of the good reviews seemed to be posted in the USA, I clicked on the user name to find this, and 99 per cent of the bad reviews were posted in the UK. Does this make sense??
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is it a company that operates in the USA?
  • codger
    Options
    Bren6 wrote: »
    Being in the middle of a dispute with perhaps the most well known double glazing and home improvement company in the UK, and not getting anywhere, I went on Trustpilot to find out if other customers had had similar problems and if so, if any advice could be gleaned. . . On TP there were pages of reviews and 99 per cent of the good reviews seemed to be posted in the USA . . . and 99 per cent of the bad reviews were posted in the UK. Does this make sense??

Well spotted, sir!
  • codger
    Options
    DoaM wrote: »
    Interesting that posts 12 and 13 were almost exactly a year apart. :)

Interesting, why?
  • Stitching_Witch_2
    Stitching_Witch_2 Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 19 February 2017 at 10:36PM
    Options
    Whats the point
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income