how to de-fluff a towel?

Options
I bought a new fluffy black bath-towel a while ago. problem is: all the black fluff sticks to you when you dry off: result: end up looking like a newborn baby-gorilla... I've washed and tumble-dried the towel 4 times already, still: fluff sticking onto me!!

any suggestions, or is it jsut a case of sticking (literally) it out for a little longer / after a couple more washes?
** i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay **

Comments

• aussielle
    aussielle Posts: 705 Forumite
    Options
    Last year I bought a job lot of bath sheets/bath and hand towels in navy blue and had the same problem. In the end I decided a few washes should have been enough and as the problem hadn't been solved after such, I took them all back to Asda and swapped them (without a problem) for the mid blue ones.
    Laughter is the sun
    that drives winter
    from the human face
  • 1purplefairy
    Options
    Hi there,

We have 2 bath towels in navy blue, had the same problem with them. They did end up a lot better after a lot of washes and after sticking it out long enough... they are a bit better now, (someone else bought them for us) therefore I suspect they are just of very poor quality (cheap in other words) coz they dont even dry of properly...

If i was you, I'd follow Ausielle's advice and take it back and exchange - I have a suspicion that its just the quality - always use to buy black/grey towels of my own - never had the 'fluff' problem before...
    do you believe in Fairies?

It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!
  • amazon_spice
    amazon_spice Posts: 1,639 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry, LOL @ gorilla image. :o :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business