Getting prepared for a New Year.

Options

Comments

• Jaydee92
    Jaydee92 Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening,

So, yesterday was totally manic for DD birthday and party. She had a fabulous day :-) was so special to see her celebrating with family and friends. Today consisted of sorting out gifts, getting the Christmas tree up and then to another toddler party.
    I have managed another NSD today :j had to order food shopping last night so can't class yesterday as one, but happy to say I didn't spend anything else and shopping come within budget. Would have probably spent on a cup of tea at the party yesterday but literally had no time.

Thank you beanielou, I have 7 1/2lb to go until my target. I am hoping to be able to get that for when my countdown runs out in the New Year so I can go for free, even if for a little while.

Good night

JD x!
    SPC 11 - Number 322
    2018 1% Challenge - Number 30

Debt: January 2016 - £29,524.74 :mad:
    January 2018 - £19,769.91
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,306 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sure you can get to target before your countdown runs out.
    Remember once at target you can go 3 lbs each way.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Jaydee92
    Options
    Good evening,

So not a NSD today. It's a family members birthday and I had thought DH had bought their present already but he had not, so walked down town quickly to get something. That come off the christmas/Birthday budget and I also bought DS a Christmas jumper in the charity shop so have taken that off the clothing budget.
    Whilst I was there I went and booked an eye test for next week. This is one thing on our list that I have managed to save for each month, as I am desperately in need for new glasses. Also my DM bought me a voucher to go towards them so hopefully I will have enough without having to add to it.
    I also had to get out £30 to pay for DS scout trip, so hobbies/trips is now down to £0.
    I did however sell some of DS old climbing gear today for £40. Will put £20 in the tin and keep the other £20 for ice skating nearer christmas.
    Didn't have work today so have been having a good sort out, mainly DD craft stuff as she has mega amounts and got more as gifts on the weekend. She does love sitting and doing crafts and has enough to last for a while now.

Have a lovely evening

JD x
    SPC 11 - Number 322

• Jaydee92
    Options
    Hello.

Managed to have another NSD today, had work and then was busy helping my sister put together a wardrobe at her new house.
    I am going to have to sit down and figure out what is left to buy for christmas and either go shopping or do it online if I can. But that can wait as I have only just got in from picking DS up from Scouts and I am feeling really tired this evening.
    DS rang me after school today to say his glasses had broken, so we will both be getting new glasses. They wasn't fixable as they do not stock those frames anymore but DH has managed to super glue the arm back on for now until he has a new pair, have an appointment tomorrow for him.
    I had a text reminder off the dentist today to say I had an appointment for Thursday.! This will be my reminder to actually write everything down on the calendar next year, as I was unaware that I had one due. I have had to cancel it anyway as after the manic weekend I have two big cold sores and am feeling run down.
    Tomorrow will be spent at home, sorting stuff out and cleaning, and possibly have time to sit down and sort the christmas list out.

Have a good evening

JD x
    SPC 11 - Number 322

• Jaydee92
    Options
    Good evening,

So today was not a NSD in the slightest. I managed to sit down and do an online order for christmas and ticked quite a few off my list. I spent £65.07 out of the christmas/birthdays budget. Also spent £16.50 out of the clothing budget for a tshirt for DS, although this will also be a Christmas present.
    Unbudgeted spend today include a £10 top up on glasses frame that DS chose at his appointment. So, that will have to come out of the surplus money we had to begin the month.
    Also, had to pay the 20p for parking in town after school for appointment, usually walk down but needed to be back for another appointment at DD school so would have been to much of a rush. Have a pile of 20p's in the car for this anyway.
    Did manage to have a good clean of the house this morning although I did not get everything that I wanted done, as still not feeling 100%.
    I am still feeling determined to keep on track of everything and to be better prepared in the New Year.

Have a lovely evening

JD x
    SPC 11 - Number 322

• Jaydee92
    Options
    My aim for 2018

* Stick to Budget
    * Save for Debt Repayment
    * Save for DS Scout trip to Europe in 2019
    * Decide how to save for Christmas (usually save for vouchers but have felt more restricted this year as not buying as many toys etc)
    * Find more ways to save money

That's it for now and if I manage those I will be extremely happy.

JD x
    SPC 11 - Number 322

• Jaydee92
    Options
    Good evening,

Today was not a NSD again :( but only by luck was it not an unbudgeted spend. I sold another item on selling site for £10, which I dropped off on my way to work this morning. But I only remembered last night that after school today was DD school christmas fayre. So, I used the £10 so the budgets are still intact for now. Bought back £3.75 change so have put it in the tin.
    After the fayre I had to go pick DS up from DofE before going to my SW meeting. I lost 1lb this week, very happy with that as I did have quite a bit of birthday cake on the weekend. I have another 5 1/2lb to go until target.
    Tomorrow, I am going to my DP so should be a NSD, all being well.

Have a good night

JD x
    SPC 11 - Number 322

• EscapingTheAlarm
    Options
    It sounds like you’re doing a great job! I really like that you have given yourself goals for next year- I reckon that’s a great way to keep motivated and I think I’ll do the same. Keep going!
    ETA x
  • Jaydee92
    Options
    Many thanks ETA, nice to hear someone thinking I am doing okay :D I know I am only a week in but already I am feeling more on top of things. Just by making sure I write everything down and not just hoping I remember what we have spent money on and then have no idea where it all went.
    It also helps me that all my family and friends know about our situation and why we are in it, they have commented on how much more determined I seem to actually succeed this time. (DH side of the family know nothing but that's his choice, and I have no intentions of telling them either) my BF has bought me a lovely budget book for the new year :D
    Today was a NSD and also got some vouchers for next christmas :j I help my DP once a month with ironing etc and they pay me with vouchers, I do this throughout the year and it really helps at Christmas. Cash burns a hole in my pocket usually so this has always worked best for me. Also helped them put up their christmas decorations today, which I love doing.
    We are planning on a quiet weekend this weekend as DC are pretty tired out this week. DD still has two weeks left of school :eek:

Have a wonderful Friday night

JD x
    SPC 11 - Number 322

• Jaydee92
    Options
    Good afternoon,

So, we've had some snow! DD is over the moon as she has never seen it, not got as much as surrounding areas but DS dragged her around the garden in the sledge and we went for a walk so they've enjoyed it. Popped around to check on my elderly neighbour as I noticed the company who deliver his lunch hadn't arrived, but they came when I was there. Was a little late but bless them for making sure their customers were getting their food.
    Haven't spend any money this weekend, we was thinking of doing ice skating today as we are busy the next 2 weekends, but having the snow has been better anyway. I had £20 put by from a sale to go ice skating, so can put that aside for something else.
    This weekend our monthly payment for our DMP went out and it took us below the £20000 mark :j still a long way to go I know, but I've waited a long long time go see that drop below the twenty thousand.

Have fun and stay safe in the snow!

JD x
    SPC 11 - Number 322

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income