Possible IN10

Options
13»

Comments

• sansax
    sansax Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    How is this theft or whatever else you lot are discussing?

I'm confused. I'm a named driver on the car. I don't even tell my parents I take the car... certainly didn't tell them that morning either.

Surely that won't come up in court?
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This young person has come here with a request for advice about the
    situation. He/she is a Newbie and all of us know what that means, providing we read the notice in large red letters beside his/her post.

I am not able to advise one way or another, but I would certainly not try to give out scary, inappropriate warnings about hypothetical results of the event. Can someone here please give out the correct advice, relevant to the situation?
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • Rolandtheroadie
    Options
    Are you 100% sure you're being reported for an offence? Or are you just assuming that you have been.
  • bonnyrigger
    Options
    How did plod know you were driving to work - because you opened your mouth and told them! All you needed to say was you were out for a jolly drive in the country/town i.e. using the car for "pleasure" or going to the shops "domestic".
    :beer::beer::beer:
  • Robisere
    Options
    How did plod know you were driving to work - because you opened your mouth and told them! All you needed to say was you were out for a jolly drive in the country/town i.e. using the car for "pleasure" or going to the shops "domestic".

That's unhelpful.

Why do so many people here want to have a go at someone who just wants advice? You are a Newbie yourself: that's a bad start. Imagine that you came here for advice about something worrying you. How would you feel, if all you got was cynical abuse.

This Forum is going downhill.
    a much bigger hammer.
  • bonnyrigger
    Options
    Sorry wasn't trying to be unhelpful - just wondering how the subject of "type of destination" came up in a presumably routine stop and somewhat surprised that the police would actually check up to this extent.
    I may be a forum newbie but I've been driving in the UK and Europe for 35 years and have yet to blemish my licence.

Of course I will now get done for something - sods law applies :)
    :beer::beer::beer:
  • Robisere
    Options
    bonnyrigger, I also apologise, should not have been so curt, it's just that sometimes on this Forum lately, people seem to offer discourtesy instead of useful advice.

My own driving history,in the UK, Europe and North America, goes back 55 years. Everything from motorcycles to tracked vehicles and aircraft recovery artic's.
    a much bigger hammer.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry wasn't trying to be unhelpful - just wondering how the subject of "type of destination" came up in a presumably routine stop and somewhat surprised that the police would actually check up to this extent.
    I may be a forum newbie but I've been driving in the UK and Europe for 35 years and have yet to blemish my licence.

Of course I will now get done for something - sods law applies :)

Because a) Traffic Police normally start a conversation off with "Evening sir, where are you off to" b) If they do not start the conversation off with the question they will place it into the conversation at some point c) They are also trained to take notice of indicators someone is heading to/from work eg wearing a uniform
  • Warwick_Hunt
    Warwick_Hunt Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    Options
    dacouch wrote: »
    Because a) Traffic Police normally start a conversation off with "Evening sir, where are you off to" b) If they do not start the conversation off with the question they will place it into the conversation at some point c) They are also trained to take notice of indicators someone is heading to/from work eg wearing a uniform

Utter tosh.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport