Aqua - mastercard

Options
Changed over to clydesdale bank for the £150 switch bank account cash and just tried to pay my aqua card but no option for mastercard? Am i seeing it wrong or do they not accept mastercard?
If you dont like me remember its mind over matter, I dont mind and you dont matter ;)

Comments

• G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ged1980 wrote: »
    ...... and just tried to pay my aqua card
    You are trying to transfer money online from your clydesdale current account to your Aqua account? Yes?

Enter the sort code, account number, and account reference for your payment and hit 'confirm'.

Oh - and the amount!
  • ged1980
    ged1980 Posts: 1,342 Forumite
    Options
    G_M wrote: »
    You are trying to transfer money online from your clydesdale current account to your Aqua account? Yes?

Enter the sort code, account number, and account reference for your payment and hit 'confirm'.

Oh - and the amount!

I can do it that way from my account but if i try pay from my debit card direct on aqua site there is no option for mastercard.
    If you dont like me remember its mind over matter, I dont mind and you dont matter ;)
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    The info about switching to Clydesdale bank for the £150 switch bank account cash is not in any way relevant.
    I don't have an Aqua card so don't know if you can pay by mastercard or not. Suggest you just pay from your bank account. There is no advantage that I can see in paying by debit card instead.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    I can do it that way from my account but if i try pay from my debit card direct on aqua site there is no option for mastercard.

So what options are there?
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 February 2016 at 9:16PM
    Options
    You can try Maestro option - that used to be Mastercard brand for debit cards, AFAIK replaced recently in UK by Mastercard Debit
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 13 February 2016 at 5:11PM
    Options
    FAQs:
    How can I make a payment?

You can pay online, by cash, cheque, phone or post – whichever works best for you. Or, if you prefer, you can pay by Direct Debit to cover at least the minimum payment, a set amount, a set percentage of your balance or the full amount due. To set up a Direct Debit call our customer services team on 0333 220 2691 now. We also accept payment using the Faster Payment Service (FPS).

Just set up a DD for the full amount each month. Then you'll:

* never miss a payment and
    * never pay any interest

(this is a moneysaving forum!)
  • chuckley
    chuckley Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    why would you purposely choose the slower option?
  • ged1980
    ged1980 Posts: 1,342 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice though i was just asking why no option to pay with mastercard.

For the record i have DD set up for min and make payments from my bank account always making sure i have payed in FULL every month.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure