PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 1st January 2018

Options

Comments

• MinnieMousesMummy
    MinnieMousesMummy Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 7 January 2018 at 10:22PM
    Options
    Good morning everyone, Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Hugs to those who want/need them.

I never got around to posting yesterday between dealing with Mr T delivery, paid stuff, laundry and taking down all the festive decorations and cards. I will post my list and then make a start.

Sunday

Let the chickens out and feed animals -DONE
    Quick shower - DONE
    Paid stuff - DONE
    Email holidays to clients (booked a last min holiday for next month) - DONE
    Cobweb dust in the sitting room and dust surfaces - DONE
    Quick hoover around downstairs - DONE
    Put away piles of ironed clothes - DONE
    Clear desk and dust, get it ready to start in office again tomorrow - DONE
    Sort school clothes and bags for tomorrow - DONE
    Look into filing cabinets (2018 is looking busy so I will need to get organised) - DONE, Got a couple of cabinets in mind but going to shop around before buying
    Print off and read paperwork that is needed for the phone call tomorrow - DONE
    3 loads of laundry - DONE
    Look into storage for DS2's room - DONE, Got a few options in mind but going to discuss with dh before buying
    HHI
    Print relevant paperwork and update accounts
    Close the chickens away and feed animals - DONE
    Sort out ds2's room as he had toys scattered from one end to the other, making it impossible to get into the room - Work In Progress
    Update diary for next week - DONE

I think that is everything that I need to get done today. Hope everyone has a good Sunday.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DH got up and popped into work so I did some tidying and hoovered and swept through the house. Sinks are bleached. Rubbish is out and WUDUPA done. I hate drying up too Valli.

Now need to get washed and dressed and walk the dogs.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,999 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I feel awful today.. I had meat for dinner last night so my poor tummy is beside itself with distress.. the loo is going to be my best friend today sadly. I need to go to Lidl so hopefully it will calm down soon. The last nappy is on stinky's behind, we need milk, bread and cheese as usual.

Sorted chip repair for the car windscreen.. we were attacked my gravel on the motorway.

Not heard from DS1 yet.. I think DD2 is still with him though.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Morning all,

DS got up at 5.30 and I shuffled him back into bed, no way was I getting up then! Thankfully he slept then until 7. So far:

- WUDUPA
    - unloaded DW
    - emptied & cleaned out fridge
    - rubbish & recycling out
    - dog walked

DH will take the outside lights down shortly. Kiddies bickering, back to school tomorrow for them. My tummy is also playing up Piggers. I'm glad your DS is ok, what a worry for you xx

My anxiety seems to have calmed a tiny bit, I've managed to eat some Greek yogurt.

As it's the last day of the school hols it's ok for the kids to stay in pjs right? :o
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ah, was going to ask how he was.

washing on line. Cage put round bay tree to stop it being eaten; spotted newly-dug tunnel under fence so have covered with mesh panel. Bunny has run of garden; he won't if he keeps digging; he'll have to be confined to his run.
    Also spotted lots of cat poo so will poo pick front and back and litter pick on front too after I have cleaned out hutch. (Litter is because it was windy on recycling day).
    DD has been asked to wait on at a christening today so I have thawed the YS beef to knock up a casserole later. Too late to use SC.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,021 Forumite
    edited 7 January 2018 at 12:04PM
    Options
    Hmm the contents of these bags are very random, but I guess it adds to the fun :) and I am enjoying taking a bag at a time and dealing with the contents (and gaining kitchen floor space :D)

Bag 2 today contained: a Beano joke book - wiped and DS to decide whether he's going to keep it (in his room) or it can go to CS; a box containing 4 energy saving light bulbs - bulbs put in relevant drawer and box recycled; 4 pie/quiche(?) dishes, 2 of which look unused - washed & dried, had a think, decided 3 to CS, 1 to fling as it's scratched (I don't make pastry and I don't think they're deep enough for pasta bakes, I used to make SW corned beef quiche, but I don't eat meat any more - they can go: if I find I need one I'll buy one - it's unlikely); and the spare grill pan that came with the cooker - I think the grill pan in use is like new as I always line it with kitchen foil before use. I'll check. If so, what do I do with a spare? :think: Fling? CS? Why would anyone want a spare grill pan? ....

.... just checked: current grill pan is lined with foil, and under the foil it's like new :A.

CS. they can fling it if they don't want it. And breathe...

Next bag.

Rxx

ETA Bag of text books dusted and placed for DS to decide whether to keep/ fling/sell? Any keeps will find a home in bedroom 3 which will (eventually) become a study-type room. Several empty carrier bags wiped, folded and placed in 'bag' bag. Had enough now.
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 January 2018 at 12:44PM
    Options
    Pigpen - let your oldest know even people who has never met are worrried. Hope he picks up soon. My oldest got a 4 hours a week job & was basically bullied out of it hit him hard so I know it’s not nice what he’s going through

Totally forgot to post last night. Did washer and dishwasher but not much else at home apart from putting away what we brought back from the caravan as we went down to strip it out. This of course means food supply increased but not massively, my washing machine work load has increased A LOT as we stripped every bed. Moved sheds as we lost the doors off the old one in a storm last year so The replacement (from my old garden) now has my washer and freezer in been meaning to get it sorted all year. Sheds reorganised. Freezer and fridge there cleared. Bowls of cat litter out for the damp. Shattered but it’s done

Today we’ve picked a mission each. Mine is the kitchen and OH is The under stairs cupboard which is massive and was ‘dumped in’ when we moved as we have agreed it is best to tackle where to put things first than shuffle boxes around. We’ve not emptied it out fully since we moved. OH and Ds1 did part of the front last year, the things huge but they gave up so this time he’s vowed to reach the end. I’ve also got some work meals to come up with, healthier and easier as I have end of year accounts to do for work this week and next by away Thursday - Sunday so need fettled

Will try to remember to update later

Oh and .... slinkies..... I’ll join the 4 stone team as an interim target. I started at over 22 stone and I’m just under 20 now
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    well, rabbit hutch cleaned out and airing; sawdust and straw dropped in the bottom of the green bin so have now scraped leftovers in there too.
    Poo picked. Most of it was frozen solid, also litter picked from front into same bag. That's gone in the bin, as has the vacuum cleaner contents - much easier to do outside in the daylight. Washing blowing, so looks promising.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,999 Forumite
    Options
    tree de-baubled
    DS1 is still alive.. he has DD2 there so he isn't alone. His manager from work has called to make sure he is ok.. I told him to drink, non-alcohol.. he said he is just sick but I told him to drink it anyway.. I have to go to shop still once my tum stops being hysterical so I will try to fit in going there too.

Girls to feed..

OH found his driving licence.. he tidied his corner of doom so I waited until it waas nearly done and suggested he looked in his best jacket pocket.. and there it was.. :D .. just a little bit of thought was all it took, as usual!

Another £20 in my paypal .. so a third parcel I need to get ready to post!!

OH sorted his college bag for tomorrow .. once the girls are fed he can shower them and they will be ready for school, I will sort uniforms once they are in bed.

right.. food...
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I love the idea of the H2H challenge but my huge problem is that J is a serial hoarder and he really can't get rid of stuff .... as most of the stuff around here is his what on earth do I do about that? He has magazines going back donkeys years and 18 years worth of National Trust books and I'm not allowed anywhere near them ..... he gets really twitchy and distressed if I though only of 'his stuff' which takes up the whole house. Would appreciate any advice!

Washed up all the dishes yesterday and vacuumed downstairs .... haven't done that voluntarily for ages so Flylady is helping me! Also bagged up some stuff for CS and some other bits for fabric recycling collection this week so that's a bit more out of the house isn't it.

Pigpen glad to hear everyone is looking after DS; such a worry isn't it. Hope your tummy isn't too bad after the meat.

ATB glad to hear anxiety dropping a bit hun. And I'd say yes, absolutely fine for kids to have a PJ day!
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport