PayPal email notifications arriving late?

Options
Has anybody else noticed that their PayPal email notifications are turning up sometimes days later than the transaction?

It seemed to go through a phase of this a few months ago, then righted itself, but today I've just received an email for a payment I made on Friday, and nothing yet for a payment I received overnight.

Wondering if it's just my account or a PayPal wide thing.

Comments

• kalsha
    kalsha Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It is not just you. I have noticed it as well. The last payment received I never got the email. It was only when I logged into ebay and saw that I have to post 1 item. To this day I still haven't received the notification.
  • sgh1976
    sgh1976 Posts: 424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not received a single PayPal payment email for any sale on ebay since yesterday lunchtime. Getting the ebay email to say an item has been sold.

Had a spell a few weeks ago where they arrived around 3 hours after the sale but this time just not arriving at all. Not even getting the Notification on my phone when payments have been received this time.
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,791 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I also had this a few weeks ago. No PayPal notification and then suddenly one day they all came through. Then it worked. Now again not getting them this weekend. It seems to be weekends it happens for me, maybe a capacity issue at PayPal?
  • Art_Vandelay_2
    Options
    Had this on and off for years, not just exclusive to ebay purchases, sometimes making and receiving payments via other sites too, no emails or notifications received.

Logging directly into Paypal isn't always foolproof either; I get numerous notifications to check my Paypal message inbox - which is always totally empty!
  • ailey
    ailey Posts: 3,184 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was just on here to put the same question. I thought I had blocked a real Paypal email thinking it was fake but glad to hear that it's a little glitch.

Some time ago, possibly a year or two years ago, I remember reading that we should only send parcels to the buyer's address we received in the email which pulled through from Paypal as sometimes the EBay one was not the address for posting to. I could never get my head around this unless some people had a registered address which would be their home address and the Paypal address might have been a work address which they liked all their parcels posted to.

I'm hoping if I wrap my parcels tonight and put the address from EBay which has pulled through with the sale that they will be correct. I do double check and it's quite a while since I've had 2 different addresses for the one buyer. Does anyone else find that the addresses occasionally differ?
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,266 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ailey wrote: »
    I was just on here to put the same question. I thought I had blocked a real Paypal email thinking it was fake but glad to hear that it's a little glitch.

Some time ago, possibly a year or two years ago, I remember reading that we should only send parcels to the buyer's address we received in the email which pulled through from Paypal as sometimes the EBay one was not the address for posting to. I could never get my head around this unless some people had a registered address which would be their home address and the Paypal address might have been a work address which they liked all their parcels posted to.

I'm hoping if I wrap my parcels tonight and put the address from EBay which has pulled through with the sale that they will be correct. I do double check and it's quite a while since I've had 2 different addresses for the one buyer. Does anyone else find that the addresses occasionally differ?

It is rare, but not impossible for the addresses to differ, however the PayPal address will show if you log into your PayPal account, you don't need the email at all.

I have several different addresses on my PayPal account as I send things to my mother (or rather I used to) and my sons and I just choose the address I want to use when I check out.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ailey
    ailey Posts: 3,184 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    It is rare, but not impossible for the addresses to differ, however the PayPal address will show if you log into your PayPal account, you don't need the email at all.

I have several different addresses on my PayPal account as I send things to my mother (or rather I used to) and my sons and I just choose the address I want to use when I check out.

Thanks so much for that, soolin. I think I'm getting more dumb as I'm getting older lol!!!! I never actually thought on doing that as a comparison. Having too many senior moments these days! That's a really good help. Now I can wrap my parcels with no worry. Much appreciated. :T
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,221 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had a website order yesterday morning paid by paypal. Logging into PP the transaction was showing immediately and I did a partial refund as agreed with the buyer.

This morning, over 24 hours later, I got the email saying that the original payment had been made. Nothing as yet regarding the refund.
  • Pierre_De_Grenoble
    Options
    I've had two paypal emails this morning both relating to Sat morning and 48hrs late. Loads still missing though..
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I just got a notification on my phone from the app 24 hours late as well.

Will keep an eye on my actual account for a while me thinks and not rely on notifications/emails.

I can live with the momentary panic when I see a "you made a payment" email and wonder who's been using my account, before reading further and realising it was a payment I made some time ago. :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure