Universal balls up, sorry, credit

Options
How can a system tell someone £700 will be paid on a date and nothing is sent?...
Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...

Comments

• TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,489 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I could be cynical and say "Years of practice"!! Have you called to find out why payment hasn't been made?
  • maxmycardagain
    maxmycardagain Posts: 5,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    not mine thankfully

the interviewer - when asked if they would pay up on the due date - said "maybe"
  • maxmycardagain
    Options
    previously they refused to pay the claimants rent in a HMO as it was "unsafe" (even with paperwork) so granted £80 for the £400 rent
  • BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    not mine thankfully

the interviewer - when asked if they would pay up on the due date - said "maybe"

Were you a party to this interview?

What have they said when you called to query the missing payment?
  • maxmycardagain
    Options
    Were you a party to this interview?

What have they said when you called to query the missing payment?

tis ongoing
  • maxmycardagain
    Options
    I dont agree with benefits cheats and scroungers but genuine claimants seem to be getting pushed to starvation and eviction
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,489 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    To be fair to the interviewer, given the track record of poor payment on UC, I don't blame them saying 'maybe'. With the legacy benefits you could be pretty certain payment would be in the account on the due date but with UC it's more a case of 'your guess is as good as mine'. It's not acceptable, and the reply from the interviewer wasn't exactly professional but at least they didn't make a promise only to see it broken.
  • Danday
    Danday Posts: 436 Forumite
    Options
    I dont agree with benefits cheats and scroungers but genuine claimants seem to be getting pushed to starvation and eviction

Your opinion is wrong. I agree, I too don't like benefit cheats but to include 'scroungers' as though they are also benefit cheats is wrong.
    I would imagine that all 'scroungers' as you define them are genuine claimants making sure that they claim and receive everything that they can legally obtain (otherwise they would be benefit cheats).
    The CAB and other agencies and not forgetting this website endorse the fact that if someone is entitled to claim a benefit they should do so.

Your statement that genuine claimants seem to be getting pushed to starvation and eviction is not the case. What is happening is that there are genuine claimants that utilise all advice sectors and claim their maximum entitlement whilst other genuine claimants who don't maimise their entiltlement suffer from a lack of financial support.

Who, of those two classes of genuine claimants, is wrong? In my opinion it is the latter that are wrong in failing to make use of what is available - you certainly can't blame the former for doing the right thing.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    Am I the only one getting Andy vibes...
  • BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Am I the only one getting Andy vibes...

You've only just noticed? ;)

I just wish people would stop feeding him. He's back to his old ways of tall tales and people are engaging him and letting him take over threads. Again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure