World Lottery Club - swizz

Options
Was emailed an offer by Groupon for a cheap go on the Euromillions. When I clicked on it, it took me straight to the World Lottery Club website which I don't remember a Groupon email doing before. I bought the deal. Later discovered an extra two £17 charges on my bank account from them. They're claiming I agreed to subscribe to a regular lottery entry and that they make it 'very clear' that's what you're doing. I would never have done this if I'd seen it and understood it. I don't even agree to automatic goes on the National Lottery website. Am furious and I think it's really shady. Probably not much point complaining to Groupon, their customer service is dreadful. :mad:

Comments

• stevenhp1987
    stevenhp1987 Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I've done the 2 euromillions bets for 99p deal before.

After purchasing it does ask you if you want to subscribe to regular bets. Instead of saying no, you obviously said yes.

It's a little forced in terms of promotional material, but you have to say yes in order to be charged...

I'm not sure many people would willingly agree and I think they prey on people just clicking yes without reading and I'm surprised that people actually fall for it...
  • photosynthesize
    Options
    well I bought the tickets on my smart phone in a rush, and I just didn't see anything that alerted me to it. the confirmation that I'd subscribed went straight into my spam folder too so I didn't see that either.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    well I bought the tickets on my smart phone in a rush, and I just didn't see anything that alerted me to it. the confirmation that I'd subscribed went straight into my spam folder too so I didn't see that either.

There lies your problem

Smart phone and in a rush. Why didn't you take your time and read the t and c
  • photosynthesize
    Options
    thanks for being so horrible, I hope somebody else treats you like that too.
  • London50
    London50 Posts: 1,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm sorry but if you cannot for any reason read the t & c's before buying into a service then {as sad as it is} you only have yourself to blame.
    You admit it was done in a rush and on your smartphone so without reading just what your are agreeing to will end up being an expensive mistake on your part and perhaps a lesson you will take forward for the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure