PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 13 March 2017

Options

Comments

• funfairprincess
    Options
    So I had threatened DS2 with the mum on a mission with black bags. Well he's off to work not bothered to even attempt to clean up :wall:so I've just gone in there and I've binned everything that was on the floor. Anything that he needs he'll need to go bin diving for. His bedding is now in the WM and I've hoovered the floor.
    Bathroom is sparkling and I've hoovered the stairs down to the first landing. I will bring the hoover down and do the rest.

Coffee break just now:coffee:
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Karma - that's the stuff we wish on other people when they behave like sh*ts, isn't it? It sounds as though your monk needs to work on his interpersonal skills because if he upset someone who wanted to be there that's never a good thing Mrs MP.

Kelpie has been to hydrotherapy and finally, after eight months and a loss of five kilos - more than 25% of his body weight - he's off his diet! I bought him a bag of venison chews as a special treat which he thought were very acceptable.
    I have to wonder if that monk realises he's not doing his own karma "balance" a lot of good by upsetting people in that way..... :whistle:

And well done to Kelpie on his weight loss - just got to eat sensibly now, to keep it off, eh? :o
    cap it all, our caravan was stolen from the top of our driveway last night. We didn't hear a thing, dog didn't bark.
    Scumbags!! Deffo one for some form of divine retribution. :(

Flying definitely off-liste; been into town for a couple of errands today, but need to take it easy rest of the day as we have a Mensa meet-up tonight. I's really rather not go, but I can't wriggle out of it.

Then Friday and the weekend, we'll get to grips with cleaning again, as I have another Meet'n'Greet on Monday, a Staffie wanting a holiday. :o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Biscuit_monster
    Options
    Yes LW, scumbags is just what OH said. I'm feeling a bit better today, thanks all. A dog walk and a riding lesson has helped (although I wore an old pair of jodhpurs that have now gone in the bin as they rubbed and I now have a chafed bottom:()
    Unfortunately FFP the caravan wasn't insured, it was quite old, and we made the decision not to, as we didn't think anyone would want to steal it. We are now kicking ourselves.

Hello to Piggers:p

I've only written myself a small list today, so as not to fail. Have done some laundry and ironing, rung the home insurance about caravan contents (at least they were covered), tidied up a flowerbed and the garden generally.

Now off to move the pile of doom on the dining room table x
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have been reading thread but not taken much in so hugs and spoons to anyone needing them. I'm having a bit of a pity party, having managed to drive to uni for 2 days I'm now happy with the hire car but pretty frightened of being on the road in general. Hopefully that will improve. Heard just now that my car is written off, would cost far too much to repair even though we were prepared to pay to have some of it done just to keep that car. Really sad I've "killed" it; have had it since new in 2005. I know it's only a car and no people were hurt but I'm going to whimper today then pull myself together tomorrow.
    BIL up for the weekend so tomorrow will be a major big flying catch-up. One day I will catch up with the report writing too.
    At least I filled the bird feeders outside my study this morning and immediately a pair of fairies came to see me.
    Over and out.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Scumbags indeed BM. I'm all for divine retribution on those who mess up other's lives in this way. ((Hugs)) Narco - they aren't just cars sometimes, are they?
    Hope the meet and greet goes well next week LW.
    FFP - I'm liking your style with the binbags! Not exactly sure what I vacced up off DD's floor this morning, as I shut my eyes and sing la-la-la as I back out of her room..... To be fair it's not that bad, it's more untidy than anything.

Actually managed to do a couple of little frogs today. I was determined to leave work in time to get to the nearby small town, to sort a couple of things at the building society. Now ticked off the list, dropped a couple of cheques into the post office and managed a small shop of essentials in the Co0p there as well. Enough to get by for the weekend at least.
    Got home and cleaned the bathroom etc and vacuumed the spare oom.

It's now sooooo quiet here, as DH has gone out to meet some friends and have a pub meal, and DD has gone on a school theatre trip. She isn't getting back until silly late, so DH is going to meet her on his way home. Well, not exactly on his way home, but at least I don't have to turn out. But I'm not used to having the house to myself...and even more not used to having sole use of the tv remote!!
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all

Staffies are lovely lw, dd1 has a gorgeous blue staff my mum always had rescue staffies after we left home she took about 4 in till she felt after the last one went over the rainbow bridge she was too old to walk them enough.

Hope everyone is well and has coped with the day.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • funfairprincess
    Options
    Evening all x

I've just made up DS2's bed and put a lots of laundry past. I've stuck another load in the WM but it's all to be hung on the winterdyke so the TD is sleeping.
    Going to do a quick scullery S/S and stick my jammies on.

Night night everyone x
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all :hello:

Hugs to all especially Jazee
    What a load of b**stards Biscuit - hope it brings bad karma to them
    Please be careful wearing those mules Valli
    Great to read the good news re Kelpie and yourself HB
    Hiya pigpen - wish you were back with us - miss your posts

Well, the pad's fairly clean and tidy.
    Fridge practically empty and cleaned
    Kitchen all WUDUPA and bunkers clean
    Rubbish and recycling all out
    Cases packed
    Alarm set
    Off to sleep shortly
    'See' you all in two weeks, though I'll try to lurk a little whilst away

Donating all my guag, sticks and spoons as needed
    Take care and hope you all have a lovely couple of weeks
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

BM our neighbours had their caravan stolen from their drive in the middle of a Saturday afternoon when I was at home. I had been in the kitchen quite a bit which looks over the front garden and I didnt see anything. Agree - ba*t*rds.

House reasonably presentable, I have tried really hard with the flying this week and it has paid off. Lots of paid stuff today but will sneak to the gym in between.

ffp your post made me laugh. My boys are currently making huge efforts with their bedrooms now that girlfriends come to visit. Its just lovely to walk in and see it tidy and I can actually clean in there.

Right - best get ready for the day!
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a lovely holiday Lynne! :wave: Bon Voyage and all that.

Room of doom time today. I will make it a pleasure to go in there.
    Better is good enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport