Flow energy

K9sandFelines
K9sandFelines Posts: 2,568 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
edited 17 May 2017 at 12:09PM in Energy
Anybody in the UK use Flow energy company? Been quoted £11 a month less if i switch to these; but would like some pointers from actual people who are with them.
GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £103.76 as of 6/4/24
Forever learning the art of frugality

Comments

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forum search is available here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/search.php

Here's one such result that may assist
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    footyguy wrote: »
    Forum search is available here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/search.php

Here's one such result that may assist
    Add your feedback on energy supplier Flow

Cheers footyguy, i did search but it was unsuccessful
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £103.76 as of 6/4/24
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • foreversummer
    foreversummer Posts: 837 Forumite
    I changed over to them last December. No problems whatsoever. A very smooth switch and apart from submitting monthly meter readings which I do on their website I haven't had any other dealings with them.

Have never had a reason to speak with them so can't comment on what they are like on the telephone. Basic website but that's all I need.

Would highly recommend on that basis.

Foreversummer
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    What they estimate per month is not relevant. What matters is the actual annual cost, based on your usage and region. Use any comp site to do the maths for you.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Scatty1
    Scatty1 Posts: 2 Newbie
    I changed to Flow at the beginning of May. They have yet to add my meter readings I provided on May 30th as apparently the "National database is currently updating and my readings cannot be validated"
    This takes at least 10 days...... Seriously????? Are they having a laugh??????
    Also requested that my DD be taken on 2nd monthly (purely for my convenience) It took them 7 days to reply, and then said they couldn't do it unless I emailed their payments department, as due to data protection, my request via the 'contact us' link on my account home page is not classed as "being from me"
    Not sure I have much faith in these guys and am beginning to regret my move to them......����
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I switched to Flow in March. It took a while for the online account to get up and running and allow me to input my monthly meter readings but part of this was due to my previous supplier being slow to initiate the switch and my gas supply being supplied through a transporter (basically a third party which is common in new build estates). This is known to slow things down.

Now its all up and running without any problems.
  • fishybusiness
    fishybusiness Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    Been with Flow just over a year, no problems.

Previously with Scottish Power who give plenty of info with the online account. Flow give less info, simpler system, works fine, still the cheapest supplier for our needs.
  • Kittyhawk75
    Kittyhawk75 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 12 June 2017 at 8:46AM
    FLOW - avoid them! Switched to them on 11th January 2017, they didn't take any DD payments until middle of March, I had to email them twice- the first reply didn't even address the issue of why no payment taken, the second reply said there had been' an issue in the set up of DD payments'. I have also had problems in them not taking account of readings I have submitted. It is the first time I have switched energy company and quite frankly regret doing it, I would not recommend this company and as soon as my contract time is up I will be leaving them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure