COMBINING SHOP AND HOUSE INSURANCE

Options
Does anybody know of a search engine for building insurance which will cover my house and shop. I live in what was originally an end terraced house - two houses in fact that was coverted many years ago to a shop at the front of the property with living accomadation behind and above.
Thanks in advance. Mandy

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Internet/Direct insurance sales can handle houses easily enough but once you move off the norm, you can forget it.   You need to get your insurance through a broker. Many of whom will have a website, although a local broker may be preferable.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Gotabiscuit
    Options
    I've just been looking for exacly the same thing for a relative of mine.

The following do a shopkeepers insurance so it may be worth contacting them:

https://www.oakwell.co.uk
  • vansboy
    vansboy Posts: 6,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Talk to Chris Doyle 01582 420 101 , A-Plan, brokers in Luton.

No links other than being with them for 30 + years & was their 1st ever commercial account!!

VB
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport