Options

Comments

• Sazzie23
    Sazzie23 Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Post of the Month
    Options
    FunBrum wrote: »
    Hi folks.
    Just to recap. I was four years into a DMP that wasn't managing my account properly and charging me just to rub salt into the wound! :mad:
    Thanks to the advice on here, I cancelled my direct debit with them. Cancelled my plan with them and contacted StepChange.
    They have advised me to go down the 'Pay £1 token payment' route, as my income is so low.
    They were great and so I'm just waiting for the paperwork to come through.:T

I just want o thank all the guys on here especially Sourcrates, puzzcat and many more fore all their advice and endless support. :T

I'm sure I'm going to have a fight on my hands but I'm stronger thanks to the support on here and will no doubt be asking more questions as things transpire.:)
    Thanks again :A
    Hello everyone
    I wonder if anyone could help . We have been in a debt management since 2009 and never missed a payment . We received a letter dated on 18.3.2016 yesterday 1.4.2016 after they had taken a payment on 24th March.
    They basically say that its no longer viable for them to carry on with debt management. We have never been completely satisfied with the service , and basically feel let down and stressed with the situation we are now facing. We have to contact each creditor and deal them. We were told we would be debt free in 11 years . Is there anywhere we can go and say we have been mis-sold this debt management , nearly £5000 was added in interest when we were told that our debt £23,300 would be froze . The statements never made sense and if you call them they blind you with figures and confuse you. We paid £176 A month and the first year when they were dealing with creditors we were told that it would be banked and they would use this to negotiate with them near the end of the plan, now they are saying it was a fee, i would really appreciate any help , thank you

Suspecting there a quite a few with a similar story. Start by following FunBrum and going to stepchange who will help you set up a new DMP. Then look at making a complaint to financial ombudsmen about the company involved.

Sorry pushed for time so can't give more advice at the moment, but read back through the thread, it'll help you understand a bit more.

Saz
    Debt -it's a fight that I'm winning, dealing with debt one day at a time.
    Estimated DFD August 2018 - 2031 - now 2027 :T

Guide dog Tess, missing Scotland 2 years

DMP support no438.
  • zenshi
    zenshi Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am CCAing letters tonight. Have found template letter via nat debt line but it is asking again for CCA and it says 'I enclose £1' ....
    Do I have to enclose £1 for initial contact?!
    LBM.....sometime in 2013 £27,056. 10 creditors
    June 20.....£7,587.....3 creditors left 72% paid

£26,200 on interest only part of mortgage (July 16)...will chip away £17,103
    £49,200 repayment mortgage ( July 16) £37,764
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,935 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    zenshi wrote: »
    I am CCAing letters tonight. Have found template letter via nat debt line but it is asking again for CCA and it says 'I enclose £1' ....
    Do I have to enclose £1 for initial contact?!

A formal CCA request must be accompanied by the statutory fee of a £1 cheque or postal order, do not send cash.

National Debtline template letter is the one to use.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • zenshi
    zenshi Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    A formal CCA request must be accompanied by the statutory fee of a £1 cheque or postal order, do not send cash.

National Debtline template letter is the one to use.

Thank you. I had used their template letter. Just wanted to double. Check before printing. Will send cheque with letter
    LBM.....sometime in 2013 £27,056. 10 creditors
    June 20.....£7,587.....3 creditors left 72% paid

£26,200 on interest only part of mortgage (July 16)...will chip away £17,103
    £49,200 repayment mortgage ( July 16) £37,764
  • Sazzie23
    Options
    Hi, I've not posted here for a long while but I will never forget the support and advice I got on this thread. It helped me set up and manage my own DMP, which has now finished - my signature tells the story! I just wanted to say to anyone in the early stages of addressing their debts - you can do it! No matter how hard it seems right now, it can and it does get better.

Whoop whoop and a shiny new Debt Free badge too, so pleased for you, great inspiration too :D

DMP support no438.
  • Sazzie23
    Options
    How long does it take to hear from creditors re: acceptance/decline of DMP? I have heard from both hitachi and co-op both of whom I have two debts with (4 out of 6 in total) neither said accepted or declined but they acknowledged that a plan was being set up following the letter I sent them informing them of the same. My other two creditors are Barclaycard and Argos card. Just to add I haven't received any threatening letters/ default apart from one of the hitachi finance loans which was around 3 weeks ago.

Different creditors play it differently at different times, there's no set rules. You may or may not get acknowledgements, there might just be a note on a statement, might get letters, might not. They may or may not 'accept' doesn't make any difference, just pay the agreed amount, they'll get over it. Mainly you'll hear if they don't 'accept', but as I say doesn't matter, just ignore that and pay.

Saz

DMP support no438.
  • Scottishmummy
    Scottishmummy Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Been feeling crap all week so not been on here. Hello to all the newbies. You'll get some great advice on here.

So update on what's been happening. Had a card through the door saying I had to go to sorting office to collect a letter due to non-payment of postage. I knew by the way it was addressed it was from Idem. Hoped it was them confirming they didn't have my CCA. Unfortunately I just paid £2 to be told they will be in touch in 12 days. Hopefully they pay their postage next time.

Had confirmation from the last of the predators that we are going self-managed so two more CCA requests sent off. They have almost all put the accounts on hold for 30 days and are asking for I&E's but these need to wait anyway until Tax Credits are confirmed for the new financial year.

Now this is where I am not sure what to do next. All our CCA requests have had printed signatures. Stresco bank are refusing to look into my request until they receive a signature from me. None of the others that have so far replied have asked this so I take it, it is not a legal requirement. As the credit card was taken out pre-2004 I doubt they would have a signature to compare it to anyway. The last thing I want to do is give them an opportunity to lift my signature. Where do I go from here? How do I word my reply to them?
    The person who moves a mountain begins by carrying small stones.
    Diet loss starting Sept 2019 0/80lbs:eek::o
    Proud to be No. 47 of the DMP mutual support club
    DFW Nerd #380. Proud to be dealing with my debt
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,935 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Been feeling crap all week so not been on here. Hello to all the newbies. You'll get some great advice on here.

So update on what's been happening. Had a card through the door saying I had to go to sorting office to collect a letter due to non-payment of postage. I knew by the way it was addressed it was from Idem. Hoped it was them confirming they didn't have my CCA. Unfortunately I just paid £2 to be told they will be in touch in 12 days. Hopefully they pay their postage next time.

Had confirmation from the last of the predators that we are going self-managed so two more CCA requests sent off. They have almost all put the accounts on hold for 30 days and are asking for I&E's but these need to wait anyway until Tax Credits are confirmed for the new financial year.

Now this is where I am not sure what to do next. All our CCA requests have had printed signatures. Stresco bank are refusing to look into my request until they receive a signature from me. None of the others that have so far replied have asked this so I take it, it is not a legal requirement. As the credit card was taken out pre-2004 I doubt they would have a signature to compare it to anyway. The last thing I want to do is give them an opportunity to lift my signature. Where do I go from here? How do I word my reply to them?

Ask them where in the consumer credit act it states a CCA request must be signed.
    They won't be able to tell you, as there is no such requirement.

It's another stalling tactic, and totally pointless.

If it comes to a stalemate, there is no harm in sending them a copy of your signature, as, in much the same way, they do not have to provide a signed agreement.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Scottishmummy
    Scottishmummy Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Ask them where in the consumer credit act it states a CCA request must be signed.
    They won't be able to tell you, as there is no such requirement.

It's another stalling tactic, and totally pointless.

If it comes to a stalemate, there is no harm in sending them a copy of your signature, as, in much the same way, they do not have to provide a signed agreement.

I thought because it is pre-2007 that they DID have to provide a signed agreement.
    The person who moves a mountain begins by carrying small stones.
    Diet loss starting Sept 2019 0/80lbs:eek::o
    Proud to be No. 47 of the DMP mutual support club
    DFW Nerd #380. Proud to be dealing with my debt
  • tranceaddict
    Options
    Hi All

Haven't been on for a very long time, so just wanted to reiterate my thanks for the help and support received during the dark days at the beginning of my DMP process, back in 2008 I started by DMP, with an expected end date of 2020! But with hard work and effort I have now reduced this, and the end is now in sight, this year!!!

One question I do have, during the process one of my creditors took out a charging order on the house for £10K, I never moved and carried on paying via DMP.

When all is paid off at the end of the year, do I have to do anything to remove the order via the land registry, or will they do it?

Is there anywhere I can check it has been removed, should I contact the creditor in advance or just leave it.

The plan is to move house next year once I am debt free, so dont want anything left over to spoil my new start.

Once again many thanks for the help and support, and for those just starting, it's all worth it in the end
    DMP Support thread no.228
    DMP Commenced 1st October 2008
    Original Deft Free Date [STRIKE]March 2020 :eek:[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Dec 2016 [/STRIKE]

Now Oct 2016 :j:beer:

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts