NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    When I switched to Yorks with a Tesco DD it only paid out the first time and then utterly disappeared at Mr T end- but was still showing at YB end. Weird, so if you are relying on it keep checking at the originator end.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

My main concern is that Tesco are not moving the DD elsewhere, as I requested the M&S switch, last night. And that does need 2 DDs.
    You do realise that for M&S they only need to be 'active' so can pay out annually rather than every month.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • Stantheman
    Stantheman Posts: 3,638 Forumite
    Options
    Tried twice on differnt browsers. Both times got an error saying system down. I see others had this earlier in thread but still not sure why its happened. Anyone had any luck after an error?
    You killed me scooter!!
  • PLYSU
    PLYSU Posts: 176 Forumite
    Options
    Hi. This is slightly off topic, but given what happened with RBS Group and taxpayers money, I think everyone should apply for this and get £125.
  • binaryuniverse
    binaryuniverse Posts: 906 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 January 2018 at 9:37AM
    Options
    No_6 wrote: »
    You are switching accounts with DD's !
    when none are required ?

Waste of time, should have had a spare account with
    NO DD's

I DO have a spare account. Originally, the plan was to switch my B account to M&S. Then Natwest threw their hat off in to the ring, and put a spanner in the works. My B account (with 2 DDs) got switched to Natwest and my spare account (which also has 2 DDs) has been switched to M&S.

All I want to be sure of is that Tesco isn't cancelling DDs, on switches, at present. THAT is my only concern at the moment.
    Katiehound wrote: »
    You do realise that for M&S they only need to be 'active' so can pay out annually rather than every month.

You also need to have 2 active DDs to get the £5 top up. However, if they just need to have paid out in the previous year, that should be okay for the main switch.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You are switching accounts with DD's !when none are required ? Waste of time, should have had a spare account with NO DD's
    Except that if you switch into a Reward account with DDs, you could get some cashback to offset the monthly fee.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Did you have to Phone Natwest ?
    No, just respond to their text "A recent payment for £1400 was made. If this you please reply 'yes'"

But spent several visits checking receiving bank and transfer details, head scratching...wondering what happened to it... before receiving their text.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You are switching accounts with DD's !
    when none are required ?

Waste of time, should have had a spare account with
    NO DD's

Not waste of time if it was already in the original AC and there is not enough time directing the DDs to other accounts and missing the deadline of switching the AC to qualify for incentive.

Keep in mind when people are preparing a dummy / sacrificed account, generally there are already two active DDs as most of the switching incentive will need to have at least two active DD.

This Natwest account is special as it is rather unusual it does not need 2 active DDs to qualify for switching incentive.
  • tobago22
    Options
    How can you use a card reader from another bank? Nat West site just keeps telling me I need to order one
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tobago22 wrote: »
    How can you use a card reader from another bank? Nat West site just keeps telling me I need to order one

They do seem to work from other banks. I've used a Nationwide reader in place of a Barclays reader and it does work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure