Tory Manifesto - lies ?

Options
2»

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Its a political manifesto - Do you really feel the need to ask?
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    But do you think that they will ...?

I have absolutely no idea.:)
  • matrix11001
    matrix11001 Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    Does anyone know whether, something that was supposed to happen - in the Tory manfesto for the 2017 general election - did actually happen /?
    I am talking about the promise to remove the need to pay NI contributions from employers for 12 months - if they employed a disabled person....
    As far as I can make out - nothing has changed - I may be wrong - but can someone please confirm or deny this ??

Problem is you can't believe a word Tory MPs say as they just want to get in to claim practically all the expenses they could possibly need. They're the reason why we need manifestos to be legally binding with a minimum amount of the manifesto to be implemented or warrants automatic general election.

You'll find that most of their recent manifesto has been u-turned as
    is a lot of their policies after they're caught out doing something or they try to hoodwink the electorate they've changed when they're trying to just get away or cover something up.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    Problem is you can't believe a word Tory MPs say as they just want to get in to claim practically all the expenses they could possibly need. ...

Strange, as far as I can remember, all the MPs prosecuted for fiddling their claims as a result of the Expenses scandal were Labour MPs. I can name them if you are interested.:)
    ..They're the reason why we need manifestos to be legally binding with a minimum amount of the manifesto to be implemented or warrants automatic general election.

You'll find that most of their recent manifesto has been u-turned as is a lot of their policies after they're caught out doing something or they try to hoodwink the electorate they've changed when they're trying to just get away or cover something up.

I fail to see the connection between party manifestos and MP expense claims.
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    At least labour did not get in and implement their manifesto promises :eek:

Mind you, they prefer to live in a land of make believe at the moment anyway, whilst at the same time prejudicing potential prosecutions.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • matrix11001
    matrix11001 Posts: 50 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    At least labour did not get in and implement their manifesto promises :eek:

Mind you, they prefer to live in a land of make believe at the moment anyway, whilst at the same time prejudicing potential prosecutions.

So your happy that the Conservatives are screwing over the disabled, Labours manifesto would start repairing the damage and evil the Tories have done are still doing and intend to do, so don't know where you get that opinion from unless your just trolling for attention :naughty:
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    So your happy that the Conservatives are screwing over the disabled, Labours manifesto would start repairing the damage and evil the Tories have done are still doing and intend to do, so don't know where you get that opinion from unless your just trolling for attention :naughty:

But, how would Labour pay for all the free university education ,millions of new homes, 'repairing' Tory 'damage and evil' etc ?

Taxing a few rich people won't raise a fraction of what would be needed.
  • alanrp123
    alanrp123 Posts: 409 Forumite
    Options
    Same thing with this mob, telling blatant lies over the student fees!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure