MBNA balance transfer

Options
Hi everyone.

I have recently been accepted for a MBNA Platinum credit card. The idea was to balance transfer my current CC debt with Lloyds (£600.00) to MBNA as there current promotional offer is 0% for 30 months.

I haven't balance transferred just yet as I'm waiting for my card to come through so I can activate my account. In the meantime I have googled MBNA and I have seen extremely bad reviews!! I'm now really concerned and don't whether I should go ahead and continue with the balance transfer :(

I just wondered if anyone has used MBNA for balance transfer and what were your experiences etc??

I just don't know what to do now.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated :D
Aiming to pay debts & save! :T

Comments

• TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've never used MBNA for a balance transfer but have used them for Money Transfers and normal spending. Never had a problem and when I recently needed to sort out a small issue (of my own making) the customer service agent set himself some future dated tasks to complete and did so in an efficient and timely manner.
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MBNA are one of the biggest credit card companies in the country. They are known for generous limits. They may also be less forgiving if people break their terms than other companies. I've had their cards for many years and they still have a role to play for me.

Read your terms and conditions, know what you need to pay and when, and you'll be fine.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    loey93 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

I have recently been accepted for a MBNA Platinum credit card. The idea was to balance transfer my current CC debt with Lloyds (£600.00) to MBNA as there current promotional offer is 0% for 30 months.

I haven't balance transferred just yet as I'm waiting for my card to come through so I can activate my account. In the meantime I have googled MBNA and I have seen extremely bad reviews!! I'm now really concerned and don't whether I should go ahead and continue with the balance transfer :(

I just wondered if anyone has used MBNA for balance transfer and what were your experiences etc??

I just don't know what to do now.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated :D

I have been with MBNA for a number of years and often do Money transfers and Balance transfers and never encountered any issues.

You probably find people who give them bad reviews are those who have not kept within the terms and conditions. My advice to you is make sure you have a DD in place because if you ever forget to pay on time then you are asking for trouble.

Keep within your credit limit and pay on time then you should have no issues.
  • theburningcat
    theburningcat Posts: 198 Forumite
    edited 13 July 2017 at 9:45AM
    Options
    I got one recently to transfer a few balances from other cards. The balance transfers I specified on the website somehow got lost (they were having tech problems that week apparently) so it was a good thing I called to follow up. The person I spoke to was very friendly and professional and didn't get into a mess with the fact there were a few (as I expect Santanduh would have).

He gave me the exact date that it would happen - and it happened on that date. He also gave me my statement and payment dates as for some reason they're not visible on new accounts. The website and app are really good too. So far, I'm much, much happier with MBNA than I was with Santanduh.

Also, if you're doing a BT and want to max the 0% deals, you probably won't have to speak to them very often :)
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    One issue might be that lloyds have just taken over mbna. In general you can't balance transfer between cards from the same provider, though whether they have been integrated yet I don't know, may not be the case.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bigadaj wrote: »
    One issue might be that lloyds have just taken over mbna. In general you can't balance transfer between cards from the same provider, though whether they have been integrated yet I don't know, may not be the case.

As far as I am it will pose no problem. I know with Halifax cc's you can bt to a Lloyds cc even though part of the same group.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure