CCJ Paid, waiting satisfaction update/parking eye

Options
HI, would anyone have experience paying a fine from parking eye in particular, I paid a year old ccj about 3 weeks ago and was told they would automatically inform the court of the ccj being paid, how much of this can I believe or how long will it show as satisfied as it is still show as an active ccj?.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Depends how quick they want to be.

Could take a month or 2
  • ciderboy2009
    ciderboy2009 Posts: 1,158 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Have you actually applied for a certificate of satisfaction from the court?
    Whilst the court will mark their record if the claimant tells them it's paid, Registry Trust won't know anything about it until a certificate is issued.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Wouldn't rely on PE to inform the court (they don't "have" to!)

If you want this dealt with then you need to get proof of payment and apply to the court with your proof and ask them to mark the entry satisfied
  • JackTinkler
    Options
    Parking Eye aren't actually obliged to inform the Court you've paid. After all, it's money they're after.

I was stumped with a ticket off PE a couple of years ago, I parked in a carpark that stated parking was free after 8pm, they'd sent me a charge for £100. After trying to challenge this, they'd changed their rules but after the date I parked. It's fine trying to challenge a huge company, but getting the outcome you'd like isn't always easiest.

Anyways, I checked my clear score account and seen that I'd been given a CCJ for an unpaid parking charge, I had to appeal in court, £330 and won my case. I've quickly been able to rebuild my credit file but it's worth signing up to clear score and having a look, but also give the awarding court a ring to see if the CCJ has been settled and ask for a Certificate of Satisfaction from the Judge.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    When you paid PE, have they sent you confirmation of the payment received. Did you ask them when/if they will inform the Court? You may need to send proof to the court before they issue a certificate. The certificate usually costs but the registry trust WILL be updated without the need to request a certificate IF the court get informed by PE that it has been satisfied.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure