Reality Check...

Options

Comments

• roomontheend
    Options
    You really do have to go on holiday. I personally would be biting her hand off down to the ankle. Forget the fillers for this month and use that money. Glad your mum is out and on the mend.

No work so far but I really don't expect any for the first couple of week into the term.
    Total debt Feb 2012 = £54354.11 😳
    😁Debt Free and you can do it too
  • reality_check
    Options
    The appointmen I have is a cancellation and I have skipped the queue through knowing a friend of a friend as the waiting time is normally 3-6 months so I am grabbing it and would skip the holiday first lol But....I have decided I am going away. I need some sunshine in my life and if it pushes me back a month or two then I'll get over it.

PSL I am all for plastic surgery if it makes someone happy and brings them confidence then why shouldn't you. I started getting Botox when I was 26 which is too young looking back but I worked for airline that put so much pressure on looking a certain way I was sucked in early!! I normally get 1ml lip fillers so my lips aren't massive but then they aren't overly small normally so just makes them nice and full...in my opinion. What you thinking of having done?

I spent £12 yesterday on 2 coffees and 2 cakes. My friend wanted to pop over but she comes and never leaves!!!! I really couldn't be bothered with it so agreed to meet out somewhere so I was more in control of being able to leave...then she came without her bank card as left it at home by accident so that's what I get for being a bad friend, cost me £12 when it could have cost me nothing!

This weather is disgusting...too hot but not sunny, I am over hoping for a summer, roll on Autumn. I was on looking at Dyson fans earlier, don't worry I never committed! I really want a Dyson hairdryer too...hopefully when I can afford one it will have come down in price.

No idea what to have for dinner tonight, I am fed up of chicken, rice, veg/salad and I only started this healthy eating on Monday lol! Better go pretend to work....xx
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • reality_check
    Options
    I think I have an actual problem...I really have strong urges to go food shopping even though I could feed my street for a week and still have stuff in the freezer/cupboards at the end of it!!!

I have so far resisted because I have no money!! Today had to go buy milk, bananas and got some reduced bread rolls 16p breakfast muffins 19p and pitta 9p...couldn't resist. I am sure everyone knows this but I only learnt recently that bananas are so much cheaper bought singular. A pack with 5-6 is £1 roughly?! I got 15 today for £1.40!! I really need to get a grip if this is what my life has become on a Friday night!!! And I haven't adopted a monkey, my DS eats about 5 a day!!! He cycles loads so uses it for energy along with the food consumption of a family of 4 on a daily basis, he is 6'4 and nothing fills him up!!

Anyway, nothing much to update with, pay day Thursday!!!! :D:D:D Have a good weekend xxx
  • reality_check
    Options
    p.s It's funny how I look forward to pay day, it is paying out day and I'm skint 2 days later!! But all the budgets can be topped up and credit card direct debits come off so that's something!
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    Sometimes those urges hit hard but it is usually temporary and then we come to our senses. Mine this week has been bread, specifically hamburger buns. I have devoured an entire package over the course of the week. I don't eat bread and haven't for years. But I had some emotionally trying situations and found myself stuffing buns down myself. Oh well, no weight gain from it and the buns are all gone so no temptation anymore.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • reality_check
    Options
    Oh I love bread! Especially some tiger bread that is just freshly made and still a bit warm with thick butter spread over it!

***CAR DISASTER!!!!*** Yesterday afternoon I was driving home and suddenly I sound like a boy racer...my exhaust has went! I have my daughters car since she is away and my dad is taking it to the garage for me today or tomorow since I'm in work. Apparently an exhaust is in 3 parts and fingers crossed it is the back box that has went wrong as oppose to middle part where two parts need replaced and if it's the front that is worst case and full exhaust needed. This is all I need!! Karma for saying I would go on holiday when I am up to my eyes in debt!!!

Happy Monday...not!! xx
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Hope it all works out :( x
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • reality_check
    Options
    Luckily it is just the backbox and will be around £80, hate that word around!! Going in tomorrow so will find out then!! Fingers crossed x
  • reality_check
    reality_check Posts: 752 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 September 2016 at 2:04PM
    Options
    So £80 later I am back on the road. The man at the garage told me it was £97 I said I was told it would be £80 with a little flutter of my eyelashes and thankfully it worked. Still annoying but really shows how essential an emergency fund is...I will start to build up a mini one plus a Chrsitmas fund to minimise damage as much as I can.........

I done a quick list earlier and think I can do Christmas for £1000 this year. I have my daughter, step son, mum, dad, neice and nephew and that is family covered. I have 4 friends kids who I always get presents for - this year I am aiming to spend £10 on each. Will have a secret Santa in work which is normally only about £10.

The £1000 is including Christmas night out with my friends, food for Christmas and my tree. I don't normally go too over the top with the food. We always have it at mine and all prefer chicken over turkey so along with the little extras it really just is an expensive roast dinner.

I have decided I am not going on works Christmas night, we were just talking about it yesterday and depoist has to be paid this week on pay day for £10. My work do contribute £25 a head per team and place we are looking at is £25 a head for a lunch but that isn't including drinks, taxi, something to wear etc and the main thing...I don't like them!!

Really need to stop talking about Christmas but it is only 102 days to go!! :santa2::xmastree::xmassign::snow_laug:snow_grin
  • reality_check
    Options
    Pay slip is in! I really have taken my eye off the ball with lunches, going over food budget and general buying thigs recently....back on it!

Borrowed money from 'Pay my Dad back fund' for overspends/car repairs. I really can't keep this up and be using it as an emergency overdraft. Paying Peter by robbing Paul!! Have paid back what I owe and back to £1000/£7000 paid back.

This month my debt is reducing by £200...not great! But I will be looking like a new woman and sunning myself in the Maldives, can't have it all! But that is me done with extravegant treats for myself for the year!!

I have put money aside for going away, topped up the petrol and food fund, food budget MUST stay on track this month and get eating out the freezer once and for all!! I have put £200 into the Christmas fund pot, could have paid off debt, but I need to buy presents at Christmas at some point unless Christmas is cancelled this year, so may aswell get organised as much as I can.

This is a tight month so no room for disasters aka car repairs!! And apart from going away I need to stay at home/find free activities to do.

Is it wrong that I am starting to count down the days until I am paid in October....wishing my life away!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family