Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    Good morning peeps.:wave:...Little late but better late than never....Up an at em early this morning...Just fitting some door stops.....Last job before Xmas....House has taken good shape in the last few months...I'm nearly there....Only have to re-paint the bedrooms...Quick job...last big job inside is to complete the downstairs bathroom....I need to completely fit it out...Going to make it more of a shower room with toilet and sink as I already have a bath in the upstairs bathroom...

Plenty to do.....I will need another project before much longer....:j:j

Have great days too .....:D
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • nairny54
    nairny54 Posts: 444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone:xmassmile
    With regard to the 5 for £1 sweets .....with all the confusion over the Chomp bar barcodes did we know that the Sada strawberry wands are still missing from the APG I tested yesterday and they are still a goer:j

Have fun everyone

M
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    Here is my tree

2lruxl.jpg

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    Yes, and I was just going to amend my post but can now add here conveniently, you don't want to be adding Mullers to a W shop - indeed in my view you should not do so - see, I did envisage my detailed information of other matters would cause confusion and was about to put that right:rotfl: - you need items that are good vs W. Preferably not Mr A's SP price increases that still compare to cheaper vs elsewhere, as you will then be paying more for those items. Probably just enough 10p sweets. You have four items to find. (Here's your chance, though, to see if there is anything you want vs W that you have missed out on before because you haven't already had four other items in the shop - assuming you buy different Baxters.) Or loose veg. - but be careful vs W that some of those items aren't significantly higher price there - should be alright though with small amounts as they shouldn't lose too much, but I don't think you want to be getting Brocolli - if IIRC A's brocolli, but that's the 50p one:eek: (too expensive for a proper filler!) compares to much more expensive vs W?

Again, the Mullers would work against W, if W has the versions you buy - it's just they would cost you as W's prices are not very good to compare against. Probably cost more than 10p sweets - and wipe out your coupon. So, I think you need to be thinking of items you would normally buy and need that happen to be best vs W at the moment and need to ensure all items are on a.com in stock (except for the Lentil Bacon trigger - it is there just "unavailable").

"Mullers" is everywhere except M, T and W:rotfl:. For me at least. They should, I think, only be against S. No, they wouldn't work identically (to vs S anyway) as prices are less favourable everywhere than S. Best put onto their own shop, if you have nothing else beyond them to buy, and target S on that one, unless the fillers you then buy against T or M are more costly than what you lose by putting Mullers against T or M. However, W should be matching T on branded products (not promotions though:() so many of the regular price(:() brand items against might also be the same price at W. Short version: S for the Mullers, W for Baxters.

Change your shop against T or M into vs W (or do two separate, maybe even three if doing Mullers as well - those vs S) by removing some items from vs T/M into vs W if they are same comp. vs W (gives you enough items vs W then) and leaving others to target T or M separately later that then leave you at least 8 appearing items on each shop you do.

Finally (I have covered everything surely?), you may not need to do a shop vs W if T's mbuy in still in the system - however you wouldn't know whether it is or not, so have to do vs W. I think it's very unlikely to be against T now. EDIT: No I hadn't covered everything (there is always more I can say:doh:) - T's mbuy was due to end today. So it might work - however, I think, regarding endings, don't they remove the offers the day before? We have to wait a day when offers are starting, which makes APG and T start the same day (they appear on t.com the day before but the APG generally picks them up only from the following day - and I don't mean midnight) - won't the T offer and APG end the same as well? However, t.com is already changed (it may work this morning on the APG if t.com didn't change early enough but I think not - I would not try vs T - for me it always updates early to T's prices if they are going worse - I bet it's already caught T's full price) - I would only target W now, quite properly won't work against T, but you can do vs W and then report back as to whether it would have worked against T. Doesn't look like vs T now.

Thanks Savvy, I think you are saying:

I need to do a shop vv Waities for the soup glitch to work but don't add Mullers to this. Beware expensive prices in W! (Note to me: do not forget to use your coupons.) It would help to post the T comparison in case the multi is still in the APG system.

Mullers are best done in a shop against S as they are 50p there and 68p elsewhere.

Thank you so much for your help with this!
  • marmitelovemehateme
    marmitelovemehateme Posts: 3,764 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 December 2017 at 12:10PM
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    Thanks Savvy, I think you are saying:

I need to do a shop vv Waities for the soup glitch to work but don't add Mullers to this. Beware expensive prices in W! (Note to me: do not forget to use your coupons.) It would help to post the T comparison in case the multi is still in the APG system.

Mullers are best done in a shop against S as they are 50p there and 68p elsewhere.

Thank you so much for your help with this!

Picasso......What soup are you looking to buy?

Don't buy the muller corners against S.....These are 50p....Most of the Rice and lights are comparing to S 35p.....Any of these and the trigger

1x Muller Light Fat Free Toffee Yogurt (1x175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Cherry Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Banana & Custard Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla & Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Raspberry & Cranberry Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Orange with Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Rhubarb Crumble Yogurt (165g) £0.68 £0.35

1x Muller Rice Strawberry Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Rice Apple Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Rice Original Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Rice Chocolate & Orange Limited Edition Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Rice Vanilla Custard Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.35

• gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Well went to my local shop n save shop which is on the small shops amex list. Bought some printing paper there and few bits to make it £10. Went to pay, and they say we dont accept amex. I said oh will leave it then. Then they pointed to a sign and said you can use amex but it cost £1.50:eek:. Anyone else had this. Needless to say I declined
    Got a reply to my tweet about the above.
    "
    Hi. Unfortunately, we can't stop a merchant from charging customers in this way. However, we welcome the recent news about the UK introduction of a complete ban on surcharging consumer Cards. This includes Amex consumer Cards and will come into effect in Jan 2018. Thx^Jen "

Bit late for small shops though .
  • Picasso7
    Options
    Picasso......What soup are you looking to buy?

Don't buy the muller corners against S.....These are 50p....Most of the Rice and lights are comparing to S 35p.....Any of these and the trigger

1x Muller Light Fat Free Toffee Yogurt (1x175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Cherry Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Banana & Custard Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla & Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Raspberry & Cranberry Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Orange with Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Rhubarb Crumble Yogurt (165g) £0.68 £0.35

1x Muller Rice Strawberry Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Rice Apple Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Rice Original Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Rice Chocolate & Orange Limited Edition Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Rice Vanilla Custard Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.35

Marmite, you are brilliant. Thank you. I have 3 x 50p coupons for Baxter's soups and was hoping to use them in conjunction with a glitch as idiot me only printed one out when the T comparison was working.
  • Picasso7
    Options
    FREE Cadbury selection box Clicksnap I think. I have just had an email.
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    janed9388 wrote: »
    Morning all. I have a day off today and was planning on maxing my android entries but can you tell me if you do a few in succession at the self scan tills is it best to open the envelopes in between each or leave them all until afterwards ? I know it isn't keen if there is less than a minute between each (which seems like a long time to kill if there is a queue!)
    Mine are less than 1 min, prob at least 20-40secs apart and I open them as soon as they come up (in case they disappear or something).

I did lose my first one this morning. I went to the Mcd drive thru, paid with AP, then put it down on top of my iphone. The envelope started to appear but stopped at a large pin head size, then the app closed.
    I checked it at home in case it had saved but hadn't.
    Don't know if it was my iphone or Mcd wifi interfering with it or just one of those things.. never had it before.

No matter as I won a few nice prizes after that :T
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :eek:

Road trip very soon, Other Sister just bowed out as full of cold :(

Fingers crossed for That Sister today & her making a decision :A

Fingers crossed.
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    Thanks Pippo. I had fun with that one but didn't do very well. Wasn't really sure if I could change the resolution on the screen to see more of the picture. :)

I am quoting my own post in the hope that others come along and add to our list.

I found it very difficult to move across the screen, it kept disappearing.

Marmite, lovely tree.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport