List of Simple / Basic savings accounts

Options
I've just been declined a set of co-op savings accounts (the most basic kind). I don't really understand why but it looks like they've run me through a credit referencing search and automatically declined me :mad:.

Does anyone have any suggestions where I can turn to and open a basic savings account with preferably a cashpoint access and joint name capability?
Don't worry it'll all work out in the end :beer:

Pushing through the mountain

Comments

• Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are you sure you applied for a savings account, not a current account? What do you mean by "a set of accounts"?

If you have been declined a savings account, you probably have a CIFAS marker on your files. Have you looked at your credit reports recently?
    Options
    I was trying to open 3 savings accounts (I already have a current account with them) to set aside small amounts of money for different things on a regular basis. To the best of my knowledge and last months Noddle report I don't have any CIFAS markers although I do have a number of defaults.
    Don't worry it'll all work out in the end :beer:

Pushing through the mountain
  • fiesta04
    fiesta04 Posts: 516 Forumite
    Options
    Maybe, like many Banks etc, do not do Joint Savings Accounts.

F4
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,624 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you tried just opening one account? Opening 3 at a time may be the problem
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,426 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The Yorkshire Building Society internet saver can be joint.http://www.ybs.co.uk/savings/online/index.html
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pretty sure the co-op are one of the very very few (or maybe the only ones) who credit-check for savings accounts. Dunno about joint accounts, but YBS (mentioned above) are on my list of 'good guys', along with Leeds BS, Coventry BS, Santander and TSB (there are a few others, but online only, no ATM cards).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure