Everyone Loves Inacurate Transactions Everyday, (as long as they are in our favour)

Options

Comments

• Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    In other non biscuit news, good BNI comparisons again:

2x T.BIG NIGHT IN CHICKEN TIKKA & PILAU RICE 450G £6.00 £2.94
    2x T.BIG NIGHT IN CKN JALFREZI & PILAU RICE 450G £6.00 £2.94

And I got till bingo :). Two random PP out of my wallet (I have a few to use up), 11 items including two BNI meals ... and it came to the exact amount on the till :cool:. When I think about it, how sad is it that this raised a smile for me :o.

Anon

Thanks Anon. Did you get the sides too please?
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Munqui wrote: »
    Afternoon peeps.

With the talk of frugal feb and calendar reminders I've decided I need get my asre in gear. (ok I've been thinking since new years but don't do NY resolutions - 1st Feb resolutions :rotfl: for me)

Love a good spreadsheet and have been a little envious of people posting there Jan spends :o

So, I have created an 'Elite Finances' spreadsheet :cool: to keep track of everything, a grand unified theory of finance!

:T:T I'm a Feb 1st girl too! Always thought Jan 1st was a silly time to start as there is so much to 'use up' in the house and it's my expensive month with insurance and tax:eek:

I'm pretty carp at spreadsheets, but going to give it a go!

I also need to sell... I think I have enough shower gel for the next 15 years, given Mr Pops has developed a skin complainant so all his stuff comes on prescription. The only up side of turning 60 is that they are free:T
    I also need to really work out if I go for glitches 'cos they save/make me money or just 'cos I'm addicted to this site!!

Pip
    x
  • EMMAP
    EMMAP Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Alright elite!

I've just caught up. I've really enjoyed reading everyone's stories and opinions on the article. Nice to post something that gets people talking and reminds them of old times :)

I hope none of you are offended when I say some of it reminded me of Monty Python's Four Yorkshiremen sketch!

http://youtu.be/Xe1a1wHxTyo
    Debt free 6th December 2014 :)

'Kindness is a simple act to show someone that you see them and that they're worth it'
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    EMMAP wrote: »
    Alright elite!

I've just caught up. I've really enjoyed reading everyone's stories and opinions on the article. Nice to post something that gets people talking and reminds them of old times :)

I hope none of you are offended when I say some of it reminded me of Monty Python's Four Yorkshiremen sketch!

http://youtu.be/Xe1a1wHxTyo

My Dad used to say when they were kids they were so poor they used to huddle around a candle for warmth. And when it got really cold they used to light it. :D
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • Munqui
    Munqui Posts: 3,439 Forumite
    Options
    pippo wrote: »
    :T:T I'm a Feb 1st girl too! Always thought Jan 1st was a silly time to start as there is so much to 'use up' in the house and it's my expensive month with insurance and tax:eek:

I'm pretty carp at spreadsheets, but going to give it a go!

I also need to sell... I think I have enough shower gel for the next 15 years, given Mr Pops has developed a skin complainant so all his stuff comes on prescription. The only up side of turning 60 is that they are free:T
    I also need to really work out if I go for glitches 'cos they save/make me money or just 'cos I'm addicted to this site!!

Pip
    x

Good luck pip!
    Only disagree about the emboldened part :rotfl: I might be in touch with my shopping side, but I'm definetly a bloke :cool:
    #CHEEKY :cool:
  • EMMAP
    EMMAP Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    pacifica9 wrote: »
    My Dad used to say when they were kids they were so poor they used to huddle around a candle for warmth. And when it got really cold they used to light it. :D

Luxury! :rotfl:
    Debt free 6th December 2014 :)

'Kindness is a simple act to show someone that you see them and that they're worth it'
  • rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    Options
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    rhosy you sound like you have a wonderful life I am not suggesting easy just wonderful in terms of that you are so close, family dinners from scratch. etc etc Hope you are having great day

thanks. we are old fashioned and like the simple things and luckily the kids love the same things, they have never been on holiday and we dont eat out or drink, but a typical day of school can involve a mix of kayaking, snorkelling, fishing, lobster potting, mountain biking archery, horse riding walking espeacily up the mountains, all for free :j everyone works with the animals and in the veggie gardens its hard work but doing it together is usually a giggle, and picking the fruit and veg is so rewarding for everyone others may look on us and think its all a bit boring but for us life is pretty perfect :D:D and we are very lucky
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    EMMAP wrote: »
    Luxury! :rotfl:

:rotfl: We used to dream of a candle..... :rotfl:
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Munqui wrote: »
    Good luck pip!
    Only disagree about the emboldened part :rotfl: I might be in touch with my shopping side, but I'm definetly a bloke :cool:

Are you sure?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • rhosynbach
    rhosynbach Posts: 7,664 Forumite
    Options
    David. wrote: »
    :eek:
    Got to love living in civilisation :D

:rotfl::rotfl: you know i cant spell,,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories