AL Premier Direct and (Alternating?) Current Accounts

Prominent on AL site
"You can open a Premier Regular Saver as part of your Premier Direct Current Account or :confused:Premier Current Account application."

Decisions decisions! If I'm going to get a new account, which to get? I've visited their site 2 or 3 times and gone in circles trying to find the difference between these two. Can anybody enlighten me?
Sorry my posts so long - not time write shorter ones.

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    From this link...

http://www.alliance-leicester.co.uk/currentaccounts/index.asp?page=home&ct=primarymenu

...you can click on 'tell me more about the Premier account' or 'tell me more about the Premier Direct account'.

Scroll down and click 'important information' on each of the above pages to see more information.

The account T&C's are here...

http://www.alliance-leicester.co.uk/currentaccounts/CA2133.pdf

EDIT: Make your mind up quickly because 'apparantly' the £50 refer a friend bonus becomes £25 from this Saturday 1st April.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    IMO the only essential difference is that:
    • Primier Direct offers good 5% rate on balances up to £2500
    • Premier offes just 1.5% rate on the same balance, but comes with free annual european travel insurance.
    I have Premier with insurance and keep money in Online Saver.
    Don't foget to be referred to get £50+ (drops to £25 soon).
  • marrioa
    marrioa Posts: 113 Forumite
    Also, the Premier Direct A/c is online only, whereas you get paper statements with the Premier.
  • atruefaker
    atruefaker Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello

can anyone help me- i'm trying to find the refer a friend to the £50 thread. I've joined and want to see if anyone wants to be referred too.

thanks
  • wattapain
    wattapain Posts: 209 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I just opened a premier direct account - + a regular saver. Plus I am in the process of transferring my ISA from Smile who have just cut their rates :mad: .
    I spoke to a young lad when I was opening it - he was very helpful , but after telling him i really was not bothered about an overdraft, I find that I have been given one for £1600 :eek:
    Mind you it IS at 0% so maybe I could sort of 'stooze' here!!
    got my voucher for £50 refer a friend though :D
    Terri
    When I married 'Mr Right', nobody told me his first name was 'Always'. ::rotfl:
  • grumbler
    atruefaker wrote:
    can anyone help me- i'm trying to find the refer a friend to the £50 thread. I've joined and want to see if anyone wants to be referred too.
    There are at least two threads on the Referrers Board
  • Hi everyone, I'm new here

Have just applied for the A&L premier current account and am interested in taking advantage of the 50.00 referral bonus.
    Is there still time? and how do you team up with someone to do this?

Thanks
  • grumbler
    See the link in my post above or check your e-mail box.
  • Ted_Bloke
    Ted_Bloke Posts: 24,868 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    grumbler wrote:
    IMO the only essential difference is that:
    • Primier Direct offers good 5% rate on balances up to £2500
    • Premier offes just 1.5% rate on the same balance, but comes with free annual european travel insurance.
    I have Premier with insurance and keep money in Online Saver.
    Don't foget to be referred to get £50+ (drops to £25 soon).
    Thank you Grumbler and YorkshireBoy, I've applied now.
    By all evidences AL is the bank with the best conditions around. Also a ++ point for me, it's the only one where I was able to open an account, mentioned below, without the nuisance paperchase proofs of ID/residence &c. Whassa point of all that I say since I know the others then still checked up on me thro' the credit agencies etc.? And what does this prove about the plea of the others 'we have to do it, it's not us it's a govt. requirement'?

OTOH AL's online computer part, its public presentation, is the worst and least competent of any bank I know. E.g.: I had to ask this help because I was just going round in circles, clicking on things that said 'find out more' and you didn't; e.g. their terminology is confusing; e.g. I already do have an 'online saver' some sort of bond, not the same as I am looking for now, their terminology is confusing; e.g. because of this bond I already have online access and know they have just introduced an extra security layer which is just laughable I can't see how it adds a thing except maybe to stop me logging into someone else's account by mistake which I hope was impossible anyway, but it has resulted in a messed-up screen with text in odd format splatched on top of other text, fortunately so far I could read what's underneath; e.g. and there are defects on their application forms too.

I can even make a guess why it's like this having worked in an office which caused similar problems to those accessing us. The staff test the system and say look it's working perfectly, but it's working perfectly for them because they are accessing it from inside the same organisation or same computer and don't realise what it looks like to those accessing it from outside.
    Sorry my posts so long - not time write shorter ones.
  • atruefaker
    atruefaker Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    thanks grumbler
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business