Red or black?

Options
Just in case anyone needed any info/numbers:

I'm about to begin stoozing. I've just got off the phone from Virgin after telling them I'd like my card to be coloured red (to distinguish it from my First Direct black ones).

I need to balance transfer 8k.

Here's the deal and here's the numbers:

0% 9 months, 2% BT fee £50max.

To apply - 0800 096 9939
Tracking application - 0800 0921 321
Balance transfer chat - 0800 015 5880
Customer services - 0800 0150 306

The nice girl from Virgin tells me I can ring up in a week or so, when I receive my credit agreement/invitation to join to discuss/clarify my balance transfer.

I'm unsure what determines what limit i'll be offered, when asked what cards I have at present, I told them an American Express card with no limit and a First Direct Gold Visa with a 10k limit.

Well, fingers crossed, I'll keep my eyes peeled for the red envelope landing on my doorstep with an invitation to join Virgin and let my stoozing career begin.

Many thanks to people for good advice on here.

Best wishes
Magic

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Congratulations on your start.

I've sent you a PM
  • tin
    tin Posts: 502 Forumite
    Options
    OK, I'm about to see the exact same envelope and try to get a balance transfer in the same way.

I actually do want to balance transfer as much as possible to pay off someone else's card (that has genuine debt on it) and 2 overdrafts. I'd also like to get as much as possible in addition to this amount to stooze - so that when it comes to paying off the virgin card, there's slightly less to pay. Hopefully another 0%er will be there, but maybe not will all the talk.

So the question is what is the best way of presenting this balance transfer to the callcentre? I'd ideally like to say raise the limit to say 20k and transfer the lot to my bank account. I'll then pay the 3 debts from there (and neglect to mention there might be some left over to stooze). However I'm concious that this probably doesn't sound too good!

Anyone with some tried and tested silky lyrics that will charm my callcentre person to SBTing a load of cash?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tin wrote:
    Anyone with some tried and tested silky lyrics that will charm my callcentre person to SBTing a load of cash?
    How about "I have 2 loans and a large overdraft I'd like to transfer to the Virgin card"?

It worked for me!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport