Bank Error.....Help!

Options
2»

Comments

• DazzaMc
    DazzaMc Posts: 811 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dchurch24 - I've tried sending you a pM but it says your inbox is full!

Just wanted to thank you - you advised me about lloyds tsb charging me £20 - I sent a letter and had the charges refunded :)

Thanks a million!
  • bigvan
    Options
    thanks so much for your quick reply.
    i am going to try to get this money back as i was aware of it being there and i was told to manage it for 2 weeks. i was also told might which is unsure. my company wont pay it back to me so i will first speak to my payroll and ask them if they can firstly make a complaint on my behalf. i will see what happens then i will follow your steps. i will update this post regular. lets see what happens.................
    thanks again for the quick responce
    Bigvan.............
    :beer:
  • Anwen_2
    Anwen_2 Posts: 234 Forumite
    Options
    The difficulty is, it will LOOK as though you were planning to keep the money, by moving it into your savings, so make sure that you stress that this was so that you wouldn't accidentally spend it etc. If it wasn't an instantly-transferrable savings account with the same bank though, that would be rather tricky. And for god's sake, don't say 'oh well they only said it might be taken back' because that will look very shifty indeed!
    DFW stats:
    Currently under review

Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • bigvan
    Options
    hi, just wanted to reply to this thead with an update.
    i did not send no letter, i just spoke to a softy at work and she gave me the money back in cash on the quiet and said, "I DONT WANT TO HEAR ANOTHER WORD SAID ABOUT THIS". 2 days later the company went bust making me and 50 others redundant. i got my money back in the end but i diddnt get my wages owed, week in hand and 30 hours overtime. i have got to claim now from the dti.
    Grant Thornton is a Bad man.
    he is not a softy...

Bigvan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills