IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

County Court Parking Eye :(

Options
ugy101
ugy101 Posts: 53 Forumite
edited 22 May 2017 at 12:16PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
I have a received a parking eye county claim through the posted, dated 15 May 2017, Just got it on Friday.

My situation is that i was abroad when the ticket was issued, my father used the car and overstayed, can someone advise what can be done please, offence was committed in March, I have only just seen the letters coming through now.

I know there is a newbie thread, and i have read through it, but not sure where to start with this, as i have the county court letter, do i use the form provided, or is there another way to go about this?

Please advise
What goes around - comes around
give lots and you will always recieve lots

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You need to acknowledge service (AoS) of the document which will provide you with 14 extra days to formulate your defence. Send off the AoS but put nothing at all in the defence box - your defence will come later.

Provided you send in your AoS within the first 14 days from the date of issue shown on the document, you get a total of 33 days from that date of issue.

For other court advice, please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • ugy101
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I wanted to know if it would be best to declare that i was not the driver, and i don't know who it was
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    ugy101 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice, I wanted to know if it would be best to declare that i was not the driver, and i don't know who it was

It's irrelevant who the driver was at this stage. They are chasing the registered keeper which they are allowed to do.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Only if that's true.

And even then, only worth arguing if this was a non-POFA PCN like the 'blank space' one shown in a link in post #3 of the NEWBIES thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ugy101
    edited 22 May 2017 at 9:59PM
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Only if that's true.

And even then, only worth arguing if this was a non-POFA PCN like the 'blank space' one shown in a link in post #3 of the NEWBIES thread.

Hmm, I don't think i have the original letter that came, like i say, i was away for a few months, out of the country.

Will have to acknowledge the letter first, then take it from there, but once I have acknowledged the form, do i let them know who was driving the car so that they start proedings with my father?

EDIT: shall i acknowledge the form online using the moneyclaim.gov or by post?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hmm, I don't think i have the original letter that came, like i say, i was away for a few months, out of the country.

Will have to acknowledge the letter first, then take it from there, but once I have acknowledged the form, do i let them know who was driving the car so that they start proedings with my father?

That ship has long sailed. Proceedings are against you as the registered keeper and will remain against you. Naming drivers now would be pointless.
  • ugy101
    edited 22 May 2017 at 10:08PM
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    That ship has long sailed. Proceedings are against you as the registered keeper and will remain against you. Naming drivers now would be pointless.

Sorry to sound dumb, but what will be my next step after acknowledging the form?

also, should i send the form off or do it online?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry to sound dumb, but what will be my next step after acknowledging the form?

also, should i send the form off or do it online?

Have you followed this advice I gave earlier today?
    For other court advice, please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • ugy101
    Options
    Sorry my bad, been reading through other claim threads, not got down to that. I can't stay sitting for long periods so have to take rest, so always going back and forth, will have a good read before bothering you

thanks for your patience :)
  • ugy101
    Options
    Ok, So i have been reading through many threads, and I don't feel confident enough to go to court as i am not clued up on all the legal side. I understand i have to make up a case, and the only defence i have is that i couldn't of been driving as i was out of the country (passport will confirm this)

So will i just need this for my argument, or is there anything i need to do?

Where do i submit my evidence/case?

I do appologise but everything seems confusing jumping from one thread to another, and especially not understanding majority of the things said
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family