2»

Comments

• anamenottaken
    anamenottaken Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 December 2014 at 10:04PM
    Options
    silvershot wrote: »
    All I know is they use something called the Bradford scoring system but I'm not sure how it is effected with long term illness,s or conditions. I tried to get information about it on the Internet without a lot of luck

It's the Bradford Formula (or Bradford Factor) - Google should get you some results for that.

First thing to know is that having a single absence, even of a few weeks, isn't as "bad" as a high number of days off but in single days which are fewer in total than the weeks off. So don't think of going back to work too soon.
  • silvershot
    Options
    It's the Bradford Formula (or Bradford Factor) - Google should get you some results for that.

First thing to know is that having a single absence, even of a few weeks, isn't as "bad" as the same number of days off but in single days. So don't think of going back to work too soon.

Well I got signed off on Tuesday which was the 17th and have a follow up appointment with occ health on the 6th of January so I'm hoping for progress.
  • timbo58
    timbo58 Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Options
    Don't get too stressed about it, although I would say it isn't the employer being necessarily unfair you must understand.

An employer expects the average employee to be off sick (whether that's signed off or not) for a particular period per year, if sickness creeps up above this (all sickness is regarded as genuine so theres no slur here it might not be) then the employer may need to look at whether you are fit enough to do the work they employed you specifically for, if not then, yes, they can dismiss I am afraid.

An employer cannot keep a job open indefinitely (even if they are not paying you directly they are liable for lots of costs under SSP and have an 'empty slot' in the workforce) so sometimes it's fairer to simply state 'we can't employ you unless you can come into work'. it might feel unfair, but it really isn't, such costs can cripple smaller companies.
    Unless specifically stated all posts by me are my own considered opinion.
    If you don't like my opinion feel free to respond with your own.
  • silvershot
    Options
    Of course I understand what your saying and I understand that there is policies but on the other hand they no that the me that I am at the moment is not the real me as I am naturally a very outgoing, bubbly person which they said themselves is why they hired me in the first place. Also they no that I am good at my job as they have told me on numerous occasions and have had alot of compliments from patients and there relatives. I just hope that once these tablets start to work I can continue my duties as normal. I hope that they realise this.
  • timbo58
    timbo58 Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Options
    I sincerely hope they can see that -starting so relatively recently they might not however I am afraid.

I wish you the best of luck going forward.
    Unless specifically stated all posts by me are my own considered opinion.
    If you don't like my opinion feel free to respond with your own.
  • skibadee
    skibadee Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Options
    I don't really have any answers OP, but just wanted to say that I understand how you feel as, I, too suffer from anxiety/depression and panic attacks. It does take quite a while for the medication to take effect.
    http://www.bradfordfactorcalculator.com/#bradford_factor_what
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport