IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CPM 1st Appeal Rejected - What to do next

Options

Comments

• kenwildon
    kenwildon Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 January 2016 at 4:46PM
    Options
    I have read much advice from members and links to other sites/blogs etc and found much of it to be relevant to my case.
    However, my wife was getting more and more upset about my health, stress etc so I 'agreed' with her that I would put up and shut up. However, after another sleepless night I composed a letter to CPM to tell them I was sending them a cheque and asking them if, when they reviewed the case to send the money to a charity of my choice.

Strangely enough this took so much weight off my mind that I thought, NO. I'm going to appeal with loads of evidence and mentioning the fact that in the event of my winning I would, instead donate my 'saving' to the Macmillan Cancer Fund.

So I composed a complaint in full with factual evidence, photographic evidence, BPA guidelines etc. etc. Then logged onto the IAS website, registered and got the message that they'd be asking me for my evidence in the next few days.

And Today I revisited the scene of the alleged infringement just to see if there was anything I'd overlooked in my previous visit the day after the PCN.

You'll never guess what I found! Remember those signs they said were there and I said weren't, and took photographs of the area as proof?

Well someone has been along and installed 6 or 7 brand new signs!!
    So I spoke with a resident who has a car parking space, explained my reason for asking, and asked him how long those signs had been in place. 'Oh! They're new' was his reply.
    So all I have to do is compare side by side my original photos with my new ones and look forward to the appeal.

If IPA find in favour of CPM then we'll just have to meet in court.

I promise I'll report back.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done you! Make sure both sets of photos are dated. If they are not, then ADD a date to them like PPCs do, two can play at that game.

IAS will be proving themselves to be what we think they are, if they deny your appeal in these circumstances.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • kenwildon
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Most here consider IAS as a waste of time as ...

Are you sure about that Beamish? My assessment would be that it is about 50/50, and many of those who say ignore are CM disciples who believe every word she utters.

Whilst she knows more than most about parking law, she does not hold a monopoly on common sense, and in this instances, common sense favours appealing.

Pardon my ignorance but who is CM?
    Thanks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    kenwildon wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance but who is CM?
    Thanks

Coupon-mad - the queen of the fight against unfair private parking charges.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 31 January 2016 at 8:43AM
    Options
    If it does get to court, strongly criticize the PPC for mentioning Beavis, it has absolutely nothing to do with parking in housing estates.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • kenwildon
    Options
    I wonder if anyone can help me to find a telephone number for the IAS?

I went online to enter my 'reason for appeal' and to attach my evidence. The first part worked but then the 'attach your evidence' link turned red and wouldn't allow me to post despite it being a Word Document.

I immediately sent them a message to report this fact using their 'Contact Us' function. I have received no acknowledgement or reply.
    Their website T&C's says that they will only deal with appeals online but, as time is of the essence here, they did not respond so I emailed them a covering letter attaching my Appeal Evidence again as a word doc. to their info@theais.org email address. They have not acknowledged receipt.
    Just a name, or a number, or another email address, or a governing body organisation would be a great help.

Many thanks
  • kenwildon
    Options
    kenwildon wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone can help me to find a telephone number for the IAS?

I went online to enter my 'reason for appeal' and to attach my evidence. The first part worked but then the 'attach your evidence' link turned red and wouldn't allow me to post despite it being a Word Document.

I immediately sent them a message to report this fact using their 'Contact Us' function. I have received no acknowledgement or reply.
    Their website T&C's says that they will only deal with appeals online but, as time is of the essence here, they did not respond so I emailed them a covering letter attaching my Appeal Evidence again as a word doc. to their [EMAIL="info@theais.org"]info@theais.org[/EMAIL] email address. They have not acknowledged receipt.
    Just a name, or a number, or another email address, or a governing body organisation would be a great help.

Many thanks

Please ignore the last request. Have made telephone contact via the IPC and will report back later
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No-one should be ringing THEM. Don't talk to those muppets.

You can't attach evidence if you've already clicked 'submit'. Have you tried saving as a PDF?

Sounds like they have stuffed your appeal by making the webpage confusing, but everyone loses anyway at IAS.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • kenwildon
    Options
    Thanks CM and you were right. I called them, they said I was too late so I explained I would just have to take all my evidence to court with me. Somehow a guy by the name of Bill managed to unlock it for me!
    Managed to change it from a Word document to a PDF which then uploaded trouble free.

So they then passed it on to UK Car Park MisManagement for their comment and guess what......
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 17 February 2016 at 4:43PM
    Options
    well, we dont like to say "we told you so" , but we did as the IPC / IAS is a kangaroo court

its usually a pointless excercise unless court proceedings are started by the PPC or a solicitor acting on behalf of the PPC

they have 6 years to try a claim in the small claims court, that has been a fact for 43 years since it was brought in
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure