PhD stipend and child tax credits

Options
13»

Comments

• Darksparkle
    Darksparkle Posts: 5,465 Forumite
    Options
    nova_dee wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply. It's actually a friend I help in filing claims, her husband is full time Carer for autistic son, so is not working. My friend is contracted only for 20 hours, but she sometimes do overtime but doesn't reach 30 hours per week. So if she request for 30 hours contract instead of doing few hours overtime to top up her contract, she will be entitled to this?

Thanks again...

And apologies to op for using her post

If she works 30hrs she will qualify for it. It doesn't matter if her contract is changed.
  • alchemistmum
    Options
    As a PhD student with a stipend, I am expected to be on campus every day, full-time and I have 24 days holiday allowance pa.
    This means that, unlike for most students (except vet and medicine) there is not much time left for part-time work and it also means I am not entitled to any financial help.
    I sympathise with your partner Rosiepops123.
  • BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    As a PhD student with a stipend, I am expected to be on campus every day, full-time and I have 24 days holiday allowance pa.
    This means that, unlike for most students (except vet and medicine) there is not much time left for part-time work and it also means I am not entitled to any financial help.
    I sympathise with your partner Rosiepops123.

Rosiepops last posted eighteen months ago!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure