Lloyds BT CC: Has anyone ever had problems getting their promotional fee & cashback?

Options
Hi all

I posted recently to see what my likelihood was of getting the 33 month deal rather than 18 month deal with the Lloyds BT credit card. Well, I went ahead and applied and got the 33 months so am very pleased with that.

The two things which made it worthwhile for me were:

- 0.57% transfer fee.
- £20 cashback after first transfer.

During and after the application though, there is no mention at all of either of these things. So I called this morning to check they they both apply to me and was told there is no way of checking. She said that they do not form part of the T&Cs, which would explain why there was no mention of them! She did still think I would get them though, there's just no guarantee. She said I would not find out until AFTER making my transfers! But I would not want to make any transfers - in fact I wouldn't want the card at all - if the fee was the standard 3% and there was no cashback.

So I feel I'm in a position where I have to take a leap of faith to a certain extent.

I've come here to see how others feel about this, whether all applications are like this, if I'm worrying about nothing, etc etc.

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Many thanks

Max

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    As long as you used the correct link, it will be fine.

Short term promotions are rarely mentioned in the t&cs, with the exception of promo rates, as they are standard across products.

If it's a leap of faith, it's a very small one. A tiny hop should do it.
  • Tunstallstoven
    Options
    As long as you used the correct link, it will be fine.

Short term promotions are rarely mentioned in the t&cs, with the exception of promo rates, as they are standard across products.

That's good news then.
    If it's a leap of faith, it's a very small one. A tiny hop should do it.

How beautifully put! :)

Many thanks
  • LeeLFC76
    Options
    Hi

I have just applied and have had the same experience as yourself.

did u ever get anymore clarity on the fee or the cashback?

:undecided:
    Many Thanks

Lee
  • Tunstallstoven
    Options
    Hi

The only clarity I got is that there is no mention of the offers apart from in the promotional literature. I got the card in the end and during / after the process there was not a single mention of the two offers. I have checked with them since and they have confirmed this is normal. It's now just a case of waiting 90 days with my fingers crossed.

What a couple of their advisors have told me is that they get a lot of calls making the same query as we are making, but never get calls from customers complaining that they never received the offers. So they deduced from that that customers must be getting the deals.

Let's hope they're right :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport