Which IDE DVDRW Should I Get For My PC Please?

Options
2»

Comments

• debitcardmayhem
    debitcardmayhem Posts: 11,858 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Nice one , I will try that tomorrow on my sticking DVD , been using a remote copy with VirtualCD may save me some time
    Thanks
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • spannerzone
    spannerzone Posts: 1,549 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nice fix but note that WD40 could make the rubber belt slip or rot eventually (like spraying a noisy fan belt in a car with WD40 which makes it nice and quiet until it splips or breaks!)

Never trust information given by strangers on internet forums
  • thor
    thor Posts: 5,483 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've had a couple of pioneer dvdrws and both lasted 2 or 3 years each before they started to fail - usually stop burning halfway through or not recognise more and more types of dvds. I think they died through overuse though because I do burn a ton of discs so if you ever did get one and are not a heavy user then they are probably good value.
  • spannerzone
    spannerzone Posts: 1,549 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thor wrote: »
    I've had a couple of pioneer dvdrws and both lasted 2 or 3 years each before they started to fail - usually stop burning halfway through or not recognise more and more types of dvds. I think they died through overuse though because I do burn a ton of discs so if you ever did get one and are not a heavy user then they are probably good value.

I've had them fail due to lack of use as well...... it seems you can't win but at least the drives are very cheap these days, pretty much disposable items unfortunately

Never trust information given by strangers on internet forums
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport