Got INR defect removed - tip though always upload tracking !

Options
I got a defect for an INR request last week. The buyer paid for the item on 7th October and luckily I sent it on the same day. RM tried to deliver on 8th signed but no reply - they obviously never left a card.

Anyway buyer contacted me via resolution centre on 14th to ask where item was. My mistake - had I updated the tracking info onto the system after I posted she would have known to check with the PO first ! Seems so obvious now but being new and green to this Ebay stuff and "then" not fully understanding the Law Of The Defect - I didn't even think - lesson learned.

So onto live chat today - I went on and on that I posted same day, RM tried to deliver the next day- messages were playing up, resolution centre glitches too which I reported last week on chat ( it's still broken) - it wasn't fair - blah blah - so after initially rejecting my pleadings - she asked for two more mins then agreed to remove! I've screen grabbed the conversation and also have by email to make sure they stick to their word - as I know they go back on what they say! So they do remove !

Hope this info helps someone
Stuck on the carousel in Disneyland's Fantasyland :D

I live under a bridge in England
Been a member for ten years.
Retired in 2015 ( ill health ) Actuary for legal services.

Comments

• 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OP - Although you got there in the end, live chat are renound for being useless. Always phone ebay instead.
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    19lottie82 wrote: »
    OP - Although you got there in the end, live chat are renound for being useless. Always phone ebay instead.

I phoned Ebay Dublin to ask to get two defects removed and they refused. Live chat removed them for me.

Some recent comments seem to indicate that Live Chat are more likely to remove defects.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    19lottie82 wrote: »
    Normally I would agree but when it comes to getting feedback and defects removed, live chat seems to be the far better option in my experience.
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,791 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Also vouch for Live Chat. They are mostly based in the far east and seem eager to please. The one time I have failed to get a defect removed the person I spoke to was Irish.
  • densol_2
    densol_2 Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    Options
    I spoke to a very nice CS from Dublin last week who increased my selling limits from 100 to 200 - but somehow I just didn't think I could keep on and on verbally about the defect. I seem to be better at the written word when arguing a point ! Lol
    Stuck on the carousel in Disneyland's Fantasyland :D

I live under a bridge in England
    Been a member for ten years.
    Retired in 2015 ( ill health ) Actuary for legal services.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure