advise needed regarding ESA support group and sick notes

Options
Help needed!!!

I have been awarded ESA support group by the tribunal in in march 2017, after having lodge an appeal.

However, the DWP still requires for me to send sick notes from my GP.

On top of my physical disability, I am suffering from depression.

Is it normal? What can I do ?

Comments

• pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you have been awarded the support group for ESA then there is no need to send in fit notes as you have 'officially' been found unfit for work.

Give the DWP a call and get them to confirm- may be a blip in the computer system. Don't forget to take the name of the person you speak to and note down the date and what they say.
  • Hoogle
    Hoogle Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I thought once you were placed in the support group you no longer needed to provide sick notes.

It is only during assessment and appeals you should supply them If you read your reward letter it should say if you can stop supplying them. If it doesnt then continue to do so until you get advised otherwise. It may be because they are awarding you support group rate and still deciding if you should get any disability premiums like Enhanced Premium (£15.90 extra per week) or/also Severe disability premium (£62.50 per week)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I also thought you dident need to send them in while in the support group.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hoogle wrote: »
    I thought once you were placed in the support group you no longer needed to provide sick notes.

It is only during assessment and appeals you should supply them If you read your reward letter it should say if you can stop supplying them. If it doesnt then continue to do so until you get advised otherwise. It may be because they are awarding you support group rate and still deciding if you should get any disability premiums like Enhanced Premium (£15.90 extra per week) or/also Severe disability premium (£62.50 per week)
    That wouldn't be the reason why the OP is still sending in fit notes. Enhanced Disability Premium is automatically awarded for being in the Support Group if claiming Income Related ESA.
  • sandra1980123
    Options
    You don't need to send in sick notes once you have been placed in a group it's just the DWP getting it wrong again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure