First Direct e-Savings quick question

Options
I just opened e-Saving account, All info recieved, managed to login first time but can't find the way to deposit savings :confused:
I only got options to order "Paying In Book" & "Envelops", Is there any other way to pay in I mean EFT, direct debit etc???
"Money saving is often a science, investment is often an art."...MSE

Comments

• ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I just opened e-Saving account, All info recieved, managed to login first time but can't find the way to deposit savings :confused:
    I only got options to order "Paying In Book" & "Envelops", Is there any other way to pay in I mean EFT, direct debit etc???

(a) Direct transfer from your main first direct account?

(b) BACS transfer from any other account, just use your e-saver's account number and sort code?

(c) Ask them, by secure message (or phone) for a paying-in book?
  • shahidemran
    Options
    (a) Direct transfer from your main first direct account?

I havn't got any other account with them. Tried to set up transfer through Halifax online service but they require "Customer Reference".
    "Money saving is often a science, investment is often an art."...MSE
  • ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I havn't got any other account with them. Tried to set up transfer through Halifax online service but they require "Customer Reference".

That'd be the first direct account number, sort code and account name (i.e. your name) ?
  • jude123_2
    jude123_2 Posts: 118 Forumite
    Options

I had the same problem when I first set up my account, ended up phoning First Direct a couple of times for advice and they eventually said that they would have to set up the first transfer
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Customer Reference is usually just an additional piece of information that allows you to recognise incoming transfers on the other end. Main information required is: Name, Account Number, Sort Code. If you filled the fields for the above main details, you are free to use whatever you want as Customer Reference.
  • icklemish
    Options

I sent them an email with the same problem and this was the response:

"You can post cheques directly to us here, or pay in cash & cheques over the counter at your local branch of HSBC. This includes the use of their 24-hour lobby service where available.

If you have telephone or internet banking elsewhere, you need to contact them directly to set up your first direct e-Savings Account as a payment destination."

Hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport