No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries October 2016

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello everyone. I have come over from the Arms. You can call me Tips.
    I am very careful on what I spend on toiletries for myself. Anti- ageing expensive creams are such a con. BUT, I say with a big but, I am overindulgent when it comes to cosmetics. Does this thread include make-up?
    Tips x
    Hello Tips! It does include makeup! It's quite flexible. Some people include make-up, others don't? Some people include absolutely everything but I don't include essentials like toothpaste and deodorant. I do however include scented candles because they are a problem area for me!
    Welcome!
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've just started doing overtime telling myself I will put the extra money towards Christmas presents, but in reality I imagine it might go on presents to myself! I got three advent calendars last year, which was excessive! What one have you gone for bradleysmum?

Ooh, what did you get SuiDreams? Did you get Christmas/Hallowe'en stuff?

Welcome, MrsRogers! The more the merrier!

It was the Christmas items i treated myself to got 3 bath bombs/bubble bars. I have used Candy mountain so far and it was lovely. Plus Santa's belly shower Jelly, haven't had a shower jelly before. I may also have bought the 12 days of christmas, So all stocked up, going to try and keep away so I don't buy anything else.
  • lucia22
    lucia22 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    I have some more UU. I'm also getting through some lotions so hopefully I will have even more empty bottles soon.

UU
    Johnson's Baby Oil 100ml - I took this on a week's holiday and it lasted the week plus a few weeks of use at home so it was value for money. I like Johnson's baby oils but I prefer the aloe vera scent. WDBA.
    Tesco Loves Baby Ultra Soft Wipes (24 pack) - These were great, did not irritate the skin and I found them refreshing on the face. WMBA (I buy whatever pack of wipes I can get the best deal on).
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2019 Total UU since 2016 - 396 | Total February UU - 1
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    finished rimmel concealer wnba. have a load to use up but back on some track.
    welcome to all the new october participants.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have a uu

Hawaiian Tropic Lime Coolada Body Butter - WNBA but do have about 6 more pots in the stash, I do love the coconut one though.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Treasurequeen
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies,I need a bit of help. I have got to get a new under eye concealer I have constant black eyes mainly due to limited sleep and fainting. my usual max factor concealer has made my skin itchy so I will be using it to cover spots until it's all gone. Has anyone tried natural concealers, I found an RMS one but its £28.00:eek: but I begrudge paying that much if it's no good.
  • Lou85
    Lou85 Posts: 135 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all!

I'll post my INs for now and post my UUs and GAs later:

Aveeno body lotion - gift from mother in law. Tried it out, not sure how I feel about it but I'll try again

TBS seaweed toner - don't need to replace mine just yet but thought I'd get it whilst they had such a good deal on

TBS seaweed oil control lotion - bought this thinking it was the moisturiser I'd been using but it's not. I do have a sample of this to try first so if I don't like it I'll see if I can exchange it

TBS satsuma hand cream - this is to replace mine when it runs out - absolutely love this scent!

TBS coconut hand cream - a girl in work used to use this and the scent reminded me of my younger days when I used to use a sunbed. Love the smell - don't love sunbeds!

TBS satsuma body polish - I'm out of body exfoliators (I think) so thought I'd try more products in this range

TBS coconut exfoliating cream Body polish

TBS satsuma shower gel - once my current shower gel is finished I'm out of full size gels

TBS coconut shower cream

Muslin cloth - to encourage me to go back to using my cleansers at night

TBS cocoa lip care stick - my Vaseline just isn't cutting it with the change in temperature so trying something new

TBS vitamin e lip care spf 15 - same reason as above

So quite a few INs for me however I got all of the above for £27.50 with the £25 off £50 promo and £5 from my points. I also used Topcashback so should have about £2.50 going into my account.

I've asked for the Loccitane advent calendar this year as a treat. I've not bothered with calendars for myself over the last few years but as a special treat I've asked for this and got my OH a lego one and bought a wooden house for my step daughter so we can re-use with our own gifts. She's at that age where she's loving lip balms etc so I'll have fun with that this year!
    #27 £2016 in 2016 = £763.61

#42 £2 Savers Club = £160

*Savers Club not included in overall 2016 savings until the tin is opened and my estimates have been confirmed later in the year.
  • Houseplant26
    Options
    I've got some UUs and some TAs firstly

UU
    Sample of Est!e Lauder night serum WPNB as expensive and not sure it feels that special
    Sample of Laura mercer tinted moisturiser WMBA not sure on this one, thought it was maybe a bit dark but maybe it was just more natural. Thicker than I expected think I may stick with my HG and repurchase ones I've used up samples and last little bit of it
    2x Nivea in shower moisturer samples spoke about before

TAs didn't keep a log but did a mass exodus of makeup whilst doing inventory. Will try to post stash list soon. I mostly binned weird ancient lipsticks when I thought it was cool to wear off shades. I had a laugh trying them on to see if I'd wear again!

One in
    Big bag of bath salts from tkmax. Saw them and felt needed, had magnesium tried them and did wonders for my aches and pains!
  • SuiDreams
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies,I need a bit of help. I have got to get a new under eye concealer I have constant black eyes mainly due to limited sleep and fainting. my usual max factor concealer has made my skin itchy so I will be using it to cover spots until it's all gone. Has anyone tried natural concealers, I found an RMS one but its £28.00:eek: but I begrudge paying that much if it's no good.

I tend to use the Urban Decay Naked skin and that seems to work well for me. Also try an eye cream that helps to eliminate dark circles
  • SuiDreams
    Options
    This morning I ran out of Genefique Serum, managed to find a mini sample in the draw so will use that up for now, going to see what else I have that I can use instead to save on paying all that money just yet. I have a couple of samples of the moisturizer, could maybe use this instead of serum if it doesn't irritate. If anyone see's any deals anywhere on the serum (or the eye serum), please let me know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure