PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 27th November 2015

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

i think i am suffering the effects of a busy past few days because the dogs had to bully me out of bed this morning.... Again, one sitting on my face, the other trying to lick my feet... disgusting but it did the trick.

Hardly did anything in the house yesterday as my Grandson was here. I'd have felt better if i could have vacuumed the floor but it appears he is scared of loud noises now. His Daddy picked him up at 6 and i looked round at what needed to be done and i just sat in the chair all night. I was knackered.

Then this morning i couldnt get out of bed....I really dont think i am going to get a lot done before the men come home tonight and then of course i will get half the building site trodden through the house.

Oh well never mind.

Somebody give me a good reason why i should stay on my pc all day please.

Onwards and forwards (slowly)

have a great day all.
  • Maitane
    Maitane Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Hope everyone is well and that Black Friday craziness isn't pervading anyone's day if they're trying to avoid it.

Our main route from Holyhead has been disrupted due to two swans and police are trying to retrieve them - a Daily Post journalist and I have spent a little while tweeting about Hot Fuzz jokes that could be made. You can't make this stuff up, honestly. :rotfl:

Today is my last weekday at home as I start my new job Monday. Pleased to have got some bits and bobs done with the time I've had off though.

Yesterday's batch baking was fairly helpful - I made an oxtail and pearl barley stew for the freezer as well as a fair few arepas which are like big polenta pittas. They're great to stuff with things like pulled pork or chilli con carne. I'm going to pop them up on my blog as since finding them on our first night in Barcelona, we've been fairly convinced that they're the future of street food :D

I'm going to check my Christmas stocks today - like nmlc I buy everything in January and then tuck it away. Most years, I then forget I've done this. Determined not to this year though. Hoping to finish the present shopping this weekend, we have very few presents left to buy thankfully.

I thought about this for a few moments, checked my email, then said to my line manager, 'I've printed the document she requested,' and I showed her the email attachment. 'She had attached the incorrect document, somehow I don't think that is my fault!'

It wouldn't have been so bad if my colleague had been a bit less vocal about my shortcomings, but she made such a fuss that she made herself look a complete twit when she then had to recant, lol.

Hester, thank heavens you kept the e-mail and I believe that's the work of our lady Karma :D She's a stone-cold madam.

Hope everyone else has a lovely day,

Maity.
    "We always find something, hey Didi, to give us the impression we exist?" Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot.
    DFW Club number 1212 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • Rainy-Days
    Rainy-Days Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Options

He Who Knows had a slip yesterday when he was dog walking and now has a sore knee, back and shoulder, think he's just wrenched things but he's out with her again and has taken pain killers, poor lad.

Have yourselves a good day everyone, Lyn xxx.

Arnica, either tablets or even the cream rubbed onto the area will bring out the bruising faster and help to heal the area more quickly. Nice natural remedy just in case you have forgotten this one as I am sure you will have heard/known about before!!

Went to Tesco in Kingston Park this morning. Very, very civilised. Expecting it to be mayhem but it wasn't. Had a really nice chat with one of the Managers there who deals with stock control and he was telling me they had six pallets of TV's in and they have only got through two pallets. They are hoping that they will sell gradually over the weekend otherwise they are going to have to store it! Iron's were just stacked up.

What was selling were these actifry fryers and the juicers. The coffee machines were going as well as I was watching and talking, but everything that they had advertised on offer was there! Car park was just normal easy to get in and out. Even first thing I was told, it was just very steady with people coming and going.

I can really see these retailers scrapping this event next year. ASDA is not doing it at all yet they were the ones who brought it over! :mad:

Just watched the News on TV and they were saying it's allot of internet orders on click and collect, but again the mayhem from last year they reported did not materialise. Frankly, I would not blummin well lower myself to that madness!

Anyway, had a quick clean through on the house, the sun was shining first thing, but it's come over very breezy and quite cloudy now. Last of the leaves are hanging on for the last chance saloon on the Silver Birch tree in the garden.

Have a great Friday everyone, stay safe and keep your purses/wallets well guarded :D
    Cat, Dogs and the Horses are our fag and beer money :D :beer:
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 27 November 2015 at 1:20PM
    Options
    Weather still rotten here. I lit the woodburner and am now roasting hot so have opened the door to upstairs. Only downside to the stove is it's not controllable, however I wouldn't be without it now.

Courier came with my delivery of bird peanuts, just in time as everything was empty, the nice chap even carried the 25kg bag into the back steading for me. Bird feed now all stocked up.

I'm not going to talk now until Sunday so as to let the voice get back out of the Barry White mode it's slipped into. I'll be finishing off my book I think.

Judi - is 'because I want to' enough of a reason? That's the one I use most frequently, along with it's close companion 'because I don't want to'. Firm favourites in this house.

Dumpling - never got into Terry Pratchett at all, I find a lot of sci-fi / fantasty novels really difficult to grasp. Anyway, hope you enjoy his final one.

TA - you reminded me that I have honey and mustard sausages in the freezer so I'll take them out to have tomorrow.

Rainy-days your mention of Kingston Park took me back! We lived in Newcastle for many years, latterly in Jesmond. After reading your post an image of the supermarket came flashing back to me. I never understood why the metro stop was so far from the store entrance!

Cheers everyone.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning (((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))) if you need one.

Late post today, I had to take moaning husband to the Drs last night and she wanted him back this morning for a blood test and to get his BP checked. It was 10.30 before we got back. Have done the Friday clean and we have just had poached eggs on toast for lunch.

Yesterday I picked up some bags of stuff that A member of the groups daughter had brought in for us. Her mother sadly died in the summer. I ow have to sort the stuff out and see what to do with it. There is a bag of zips!!

OH going for his siesta, I will put my feet up for half and hour and read.

I need to put the breadmaker on, we have no bread left.
  • System
    Options
    Judi - is 'because I want to' enough of a reason? That's the one I use most frequently, along with it's close companion 'because I don't want to'. Firm favourites in this house.

I like it! :D

Well ive done all i'm going to.

Vacuumed throughout
    Steam cleaned hard floors
    Steam cleaned bathroom.
    Meal prepared for tonight

Sod the dust... a bit of dust wont hurt us. I am now going to sit on my 'arris now until the men come home.... Lazy moo!:D
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all ☺
    my get up and go, has got up n gone today .Am feeling exhausted, so will give myself a b12 jab in a bit, as I suffer from pernicious anaemia 😞
    Tonight I'm having DGS 4 over ,so no doubt he will perk me up a bit 😊
    OS wise nothing to report today, n it'll be a freezer style tea for him no doubt.
    HH The printing debacle really made me laugh :D
    RR any news of Noodle's progress ?
    Right am off to get little boss man ! TTFN XXXX
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Gers wrote: »

Camelot - your Glasgow evening sounds fab. BG I guess?

No, Princes Square - Not surprisingly I didn't buy anything although my favourite jewellers are there and a branch of DDs shop. I was very controlled!
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,033 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    No, Princes Square - Not surprisingly I didn't buy anything although my favourite jewellers are there and a branch of DDs shop. I was very controlled!

Well done you! All that bling around you too.

The gales have started here again. Wind is howling round the house and the rain is bouncing off the windows. I'm cosy and fine but it looks scary outside.

Keep warm folks.
  • System
    Options
    News from the baby house in South Africa. My daughters partner, two of the employed carers, Soldier and two babies have got mumps.

My daughter should in theory be ok as she had all the standard inoculations as a child.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure