Xplore*discount-go (totally stuck!)

Options
Hi,
I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping someone will be able to help here. The problem is similar to others I've read about; basically I've obviously I entered my details on some website or other and had my card details "acquired" by a 3rd party who've debited £9.50 from my card.

The problem is I can't find them mentioned on here so I don't know how to contact them to get my money back. The only information my bank can give me is the transaction description on my statement. They are called Xplore*discount-go. I'd be so grateful if anyone knows of a phone number for them or anyone else who has had experience of them and might be able to help. I didn't sign up for anything. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Eric5765
    Eric5765 Posts: 13 Forumite
    edited 28 July 2015 at 1:43PM
    Options
    I did some searching and looks like this is the site:

(Can't post links due to being new-ish) discount-gold co uk

They are owned by Xplore Marketing, which probably adds up to the Xplore*Discount under the name. I put some duff details in just to get to the payment section of signup and it also says they charge £9.50 a month.

If you didn't authorize the payment and it was recently then you can also phone up your bank and tell them an unauthorized payment was debited from your account, and they can open up a dispute over it. I would consider doing this if they give you the runaround, scammy looking companies like this generally do.

Contact details:
    Phone:

0844 704 8989
    Monday - Thursday (9am - 6pm)
    Friday (9am - 5pm)
    Email:

customersupport@discount-gold.co.uk
    Address:

Discount Gold
    145-157 St John Street
    London
    EC1V 4PW
  • dobbs1975
    Options
    Thank you very much indeed for your answer Eric; I really appreciate the time and effort you put into that researching. I did some digging myself but couldn't find anything. I have sent them an email asking for a Refund and I'll update on here. Thanks also for posting their phone number, should they try and give me the runaround. Thanks again :)
  • martyaboy24
    Options
    Hello, i too have been charged 9.50 by this company can you let me no if they have replied or if they have a number, no way i touched these guys or agreed to anything (i hope not)
  • martyaboy24
    Options
    sorry just seen number above will contact them on monday, cheeky *****
  • Bekkie
    Options
    You don't even get a refund 😡💯
  • OPAL
    OPAL Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    hi, just read the comments about xplore discount go, i got my refund this morning, i had to email the head office to get it.
  • Hashtagpeanut
    Options
    Ive just found the same transaction this morning. I've contacted my bank and they are issuing the refund. Surely this is fraud and I hope my bank does something about this. I wonder how many £9.50's go unnoticed? It soon adds up.
  • Samthomxo
    Options
    Hi this has happened To me also I have just checked my bank and it says £9.50 has came out by the same people do you have the email address for the head office? X
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Samthomxo wrote: »
    Hi this has happened To me also I have just checked my bank and it says £9.50 has came out by the same people do you have the email address for the head office? X
    Read earlier posts for an email address.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure