Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    sophiesmum
    Saturday 29/11/08 What small dfw things have you done today???
    • 29th Nov 08, 6:10 AM
    Saturday 29/11/08 What small dfw things have you done today??? 29th Nov 08 at 6:10 AM
    When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free.

Examples could be charging your phone up at work instead of at home to save your electricity, hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important.

Today I will:
    • check online banking
    • move some spare cash to savings
    • make a loaf in breadmaker
    • storecupboard lunch and tea
    • carry on cleaning and decluttering house - almost done
    • go for swim and jacuzzi to use gym membership
    • go to market for some cheap veggies
    • drop another bag of stuff in at charity shop
    • clean out car ready for service on monday
    • check quidco due payment this month
    Good morning guys, early start for me this morning got a lot to do today:rolleyes:
    It is really foggy here this morning... and cold, woolly jumpers and sparkly socks for me
    Hope you all enjoy your Saturday, will catch up with you all later in the day.
    Reduce,re-use, recycle.

Page 2
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,169Posts Today

6,077Users online

Martin's Twitter