PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Can anyone help?

Options
2»

Comments

• Ithaca
    Ithaca Posts: 269 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can try to put some pressure on your estate agents to engage with your vendors via their estate agent and at least get a clear summary of where things are. Your solicitor also works for you so don't be afraid to keep pushing.

Solicitors usually have lots of files open at once, so you might need to keep reminding them to push yours to the top... I used to pop in to our at lunchtime when we were buying, was amazing how often my visits coincided with them "just happening" to be looking at my file...
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I think I'm more likely to take up drinking than yoga!!

They are fully booked come that date, we booked him last minute as it was.
    I have phone local catteries and they are fully booked and we don't have anyone that can take him in

Phone ones that are further away until you find one.
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    We have now incurred extra costs (catteries and storage) and my partner is currently sleeping on a blow up bed in my parents 2 bedroom bungalow (again no-ones fault!)
    I'm confused, where do you live? Why can't your partner and his cats move in with you?
    Lots of people do pet sitting as a job now so maybe expand your search from catteries to at-home pet sitters. If you have any local 'pets for sale etc' type groups on facebook that's a good place to start.
  • claireodonnell1989
    Options
    I'm confused, where do you live? Why can't your partner and his cats move in with you?
    Lots of people do pet sitting as a job now so maybe expand your search from catteries to at-home pet sitters. If you have any local 'pets for sale etc' type groups on facebook that's a good place to start.

Sorry I do live with my parents as well, he is sleeping on my bedroom floor.
    Never though about cat sitters so I'll give that a try thanks =)
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry I do live with my parents as well, he is sleeping on my bedroom floor.
    Never though about cat sitters so I'll give that a try thanks =)
    but you're buying a house together...?
  • Sazzy1980
    Sazzy1980 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    It is a stressful thing to do but my advice would be only worry about the things you can control. The redemption figure might take 10 days to come back or it might be back tomorrow. Nothing you do will change that. In your shoes, I would buy a double bed so your partner isn't sleeping on the floor and find somewhere for the cats to go. Once you've done that, get on with day to day life as usual and wait for the legal stuff to go through. I think when you are given dates (vague or otherwise) it almost puts the pressure on because that's when you think it will all happen and then when it doesn't there is huge disappointment. We are going through the process of buying and selling currently (our house went sstc end of Feb!) but we are just doing what we need to and waiting for it all to pan out.

You will get there, but stressing and being overly dramatic doesn't help anyone, you included. Put it all in perspective and enjoy the excitement of house buying :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure