Bled rads now no water?

Options
I've just bled a couple of radiators and the following day there was no hot water. I checked the pressure and sure enough it was low. So I topped it up and the boiler fired up nicely. BUT no water is coming out of any of the hot taps. The cold water is fine and the heating is working but not a drip from any hot tap. Its a combi' boiler and I don't have a tank.
Family coming for Christmas and no hot water might test their loyalty.

Comments

• Alex1983
    Options
    What boiler is it? Does it have a built in filling loop? If it has I’d guess you’ve left it in the wrong position, move the cold side of the filling loop to different positions until the water comes back on.
  • johnWoods
    Options
    Thanks so much for the replies so far.
    There is no water at all from the hot taps but the cold taps run fine.
    I only turned one tap when i topped it up and turned the same tap off again
    The boiler is a valiant eco TEC plus 837
    I've been trying to force water through the hot tap via hose from the cold tap but not made any difference.
  • johnWoods
    Options
    It's back on Hurrah.
    The fault appeared to be with the operator i.e. I'd turned the tap to fill top the pressure up and seemed to have turned the water off when i turned it off. I didn't even know you could do that. Thank you.
    The pressure is really high now, in fact too high as it splashes out of the sink when on full. Perhaps I need to turn the tap on the boiler back a bit?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure