viagogo

Options
Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help me. I purchased tickets for Micky Flanagan for 14/9 but bought them on 12/2/17 for my daughters 30th they arrived yesterday and when I opened them the price on the ticket was £30 + £1.75 vat. The problem I have is that I paid £365.95 for two tickets, which was more than I wanted to pay but I know my daughter loves him and thought it would be worth it if she enjoyed it.
I have emailed them to ask how they can justify charging so much but have not as yet had a reply, does anyone this I might be able to get any of this back and if not can I go somewhere to take it further.

Thanks in advance if anyone reads this,

Comments

• PugThe
    PugThe Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 14 September 2017 at 2:02PM
    Options
    Unfortunately as the website is a resale site, Joe Bloggs can sell the ticket for whatever price they like. Then Viagogo whack on extortionate fees on top of that which aren't even advertised until AFTER the payment has been processed.

I bought tickets for a show in Orlando for my now fiance's favourite band as an engagement present. Hurricane Irma meant it was rescheduled for December and we are now back home in the UK. So I'm stuck with tickets that I paid 4 times the face value for, eek! If it wasn't for such a special occasion and a last minute idea where the gig was already sold out I wouldn't touch Viagogo with a barge pole.

I hope you enjoy the gig anyway, they are notoriously difficult to get hold of so hopefully this saved you some time.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You have no chance getting any refund based on the price you paid.

You say you "had" to pay over the face value yet bought them with your eyes open!
  • wymondham
    wymondham Posts: 6,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    You wont get any response from Viagogo so its pointless trying.

They operate at the very limit of ethics/legality...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure