PPI sold by money supermarket?

Options
I sent off a PPI reclaim to First Call Group PPI and they sent me a short email back immediately saying I had purchased it through Money Supermarket, they were not responsible for anything and to go back to Money Supermarket. How do I stand with getting PPI reclaim from Money Supermarket or is it a no go because I chose it?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,492 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How do I stand with getting PPI reclaim from Money Supermarket

Is this a joke?

In case it isn't, the quick answer is that you don't.
    or is it a no go because I chose it?

Of course it is a no go.

Firstly, there is absolutely nothing wrong with having standalone monthly premium PPI/MPPI. Both of those are still retailed today. So, no product issue.

Secondly, no-one sold it to you. So, you cant be missold. You bought it execution-only/self-directed basis (i.e. none else involved) and do not get the consumer protection others get because of that.

Thirdly, you bought it. So, you must have wanted it. So, what on earth possessed you to make a complaint to a First Call and why did you even complain to them when you didnt even buy it through them.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    WHat exactly did you buy through money supermarket?

Not that it affects anything, I'm just curious. You chose it, so you missbought, you were not missold.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure