We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Options

Comments

• alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    just a thought.........

my dad is giving up driving at 83 [his own choice]
    he wants to sell his car.
    vauxhall agilla 1000, 53, mot & tax till end of year, 47,000m ,serviced,garaged, fixed if it farted.....
    cheap tax, cheap insurance, over 50mpg, good window vision , navy blue. wants £950....
    ANYONE LOOKING FOR A GOOD RUN ABOUT ???
  • annie123
    annie123 Posts: 4,256 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    Yes, we don't pay much for insurance, I must admit. Even the big van is just the wrong side of £200, fully comp & with legal expenses cover too. :D

Hubby pays £650 for his small 12 year old van, clean license, hardly used but needed sometimes at work, but that's london living I guess.
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    just a thought.........

my dad is giving up driving at 83 [his own choice]
    he wants to sell his car.
    vauxhall agilla 1000, 53, mot & tax till end of year, 47,000m ,serviced,garaged, fixed if it farted.....
    cheap tax, cheap insurance, over 50mpg, good window vision , navy blue. wants £950....

If only it was a van Alfie we'd be driving down to have it, as ours has just failed it's MOT, nothing the matter with the van except rust:mad: underneath, loads of it, on important parts. Best quote was£800 vans not worth that much, and several said not worth it. Not a squeak mentioned last year about it and having looked can't believe it got that bad over the last year alone. Maybe all the rain here over the last 3 months has just pushed it too far.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    just a thought.........

vauxhall agilla 1000, 53...

If it was a Zafira, we'd jump at it, but the Agila wouldn't like what we'd want to do....:o

We want a silver car next. They don't show the mud like dark ones.

£650 to insure a van!!!:eek: The Sprinter is like a tank, and it's £212, but our broker has always been unbeatable. :)
  • Itismehonest
    Itismehonest Posts: 4,352 Forumite
    Options
    Firstly, very sorry to hear about your dog, lucielle. :(

We don't have a van. Nobody here does.
    Oh, that's not quite true :o the local builder & electrician do but that's different. Between us we could probably rattle up almost every vehicle known to man but vans are few & far between, strangely.

Another soggy day.
    I'd say that it gave an opportunity to get domestic things done but there's only so much laundry 2 people can produce so the loads are getting smaller ;) :rotfl:
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    annie123 wrote: »
    Hubby pays £650 for his small 12 year old van, clean license, hardly used but needed sometimes at work, but that's london living I guess.

If only it was a van Alfie we'd be driving down to have it, as ours has just failed it's MOT, nothing the matter with the van except rust:mad: underneath, loads of it, on important parts. Best quote was£800 vans not worth that much, and several said not worth it. Not a squeak mentioned last year about it and having looked can't believe it got that bad over the last year alone. Maybe all the rain here over the last 3 months has just pushed it too far.

shame as its a cracking little car, iv used it for airport runs and had back seats down and mega loaded case wise,:eek: but drove like a gem !!:D dad wanted to give it to me but i love my van...and just wouldnt use it ... and now iv cleaned my van inside its amazing that i can see the floor :D:D

i have spent all afternoon sorting and catogorising the posh clobber for the bay....kernacked now !! but easier to list.....take me weeks tho !! is there a limit on items a month/week re listing ?? before problems ;)
  • rhiwfield
    rhiwfield Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Options
    s
    i have spent all afternoon sorting and catogorising the posh clobber for the bay....kernacked now !! but easier to list.....take me weeks tho !! is there a limit on items a month/week re listing ?? before problems ;)

I think there is a limit on free listings, dont think there is a limit on paid listings but someone else might know.

How many bags of that lovely clobber do you have???!!!! Even better than rusty old stoves :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Listed 4 bins this afternoon and two have sold already, including the coffee pot sleeper. How am I supposed to get listings available for sale up?:mad:

One 1893 item I offered direct this afternoon to the current owners of the building depicted. They weren't interested so it was sweet that it sold within an hour :D

At least I've done something productive today. Continuous rain means gardening impossible :(
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    luceille....:o:o:o:o:o:o I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO know what you are going through... its hard, very hard, but time will heal the pain....

Alfie..... a few weeks to late, otherwise would have had it for eldest..

DONT talk to me about insurance:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: It was cheaper for me to have fleet insurance for our vans etc. 5k a year:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    daylight flipping robbery...:eek: if we had insured the 5 veichles individually it would have been alot more than that, ( they wanted 2k for one van, small claim the year before)

and this doesnt include the eldest insurance:eek: which was just over 3k:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Wish we could go back to the horse and car, but you would prop have to have road tax, horse insurance, and an mot on the horse and cart too:rotfl:
    Work to live= not live to work
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    COOLTRIKERCHICK Posts: 10,510 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    rhiwfield wrote: »

How many bags of that lovely clobber do you have???!!!! Even better than rusty old stoves :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

/QUOTE]

ALFIE........ did you have a rusty old stove? multifuel? wood?

can you pm me you user name please:D
    Work to live= not live to work
  • alfie_1
    First Post
    Options
    I think there is a limit on free listings, dont think there is a limit on paid listings but someone else might know.

Listed 4 bins this afternoon and two have sold already, including the coffee pot sleeper. How am I supposed to get listings available for sale up?:mad:

One 1893 item I offered direct this afternoon to the current owners of the building depicted. They weren't interested so it was sweet that it sold within an hour :D

At least I've done something productive today. Continuous rain means gardening impossible :(

over 20 prs designer jeans, over 30 designer tops, over 12 jumpers, over 15 pr shoes/boots, over 10 jackets, plus 7 dresses and other bits.............:D
    just sold 4 items [shoes] for £100 :D:D:D 5 items to go tonite ?? [rhiwi....:p ]
  • rhiwfield
    rhiwfield Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Options

/QUOTE]

ALFIE........ did you have a rusty old stove? multifuel? wood?

Why do I feel the need to run for cover? :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport