Aqua Quiz

Options
I have a fairly average credit due to some defaults some years back.

Currently have a few current accounts (with offline cards), 2 mobile phone contracts, overdraft (though not in it), 3 catalogue accounts and a good income.

Tried applying for an Aqua card today for the second time, tried 6 months ago too.

The first time it said if approved I'd be offered such and such %apr.

Then there's a silly quiz that's mandatory.

The first time, I answered it with what I think Aqua would want to hear without being too obvious, declined, oh well.

Upon doing the quiz at the end of the application today, answered everything more honestly, yet declined still.

It asks questions like if you found a £1 on the ground what would you do with it?

First time round clicked on the piggy bank image.
Today the image of giving the pound to the homeless person which is what I would do.

Declined again.

Then at the end it has patronising tips about how the quiz shows I'm easy going, living in the short term etc. Funny that considering I'm saving for a large mortgage deposit for as soon as the defaults drop off in a few years.

Has anyone else come across the quiz?

And if so how did you answer it?

My own bank has just accepted me for a 0% card so their loss.

Comments

• Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,828 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MrRipley wrote: »
    I have a fairly average credit due to some defaults some years back.
    Then there's a silly quiz that's mandatory.

The first time, I answered it with what I think Aqua would want to hear without being too obvious, declined, oh well.

Upon doing the quiz at the end of the application today, answered everything more honestly, yet declined still.

It asks questions like if you found a £1 on the ground what would you do with it?

First time round clicked on the piggy bank image.
    Today the image of giving the pound to the homeless person which is what I would do

Declined again.

Then at the end it has patronising tips about how the quiz shows I'm easy going, living in the short term etc. Funny that considering I'm saving for a large mortgage deposit for as soon as the defaults drop off in a few years.

Has anyone else come across the quiz?

And if so how did you answer it?

My own bank has just accepted me for a 0% card so their loss.

I done the app and quiz twice in past few months. Both declined.

I think maybe the quiz allows Aqua to build a future targeted customer base.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Gouki7851
    Gouki7851 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    I had the quiz. I answered honestly, the only question I had that I remember was when you fill up with fuel how much do you put in? I put full. However I fill up in full every week with about £60 fuel just to get to work. Managed to get 250 limit at highest interest rate. Use it once a month at b&q who don't take Amex. Limit after 1 year is now £1150
  • MrRipley
    MrRipley Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    Dandytf - yeah it could very well be for a future customer base.

I might try again in 6 months, just to see if they will ever accept me :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure