Budget Wars - A New Hope (with apologies to George Lucas)

Options

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Lovely news in the £100 and the stash that takes you closer to DF. Hope the rates thing gets sorted soon and in your favour.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks Cat it did :)

Sashy Awe thanks very much. Positive vibes much appreciated!

Mummytogirls Thank you. It was a very busy one. Home now.Hope your feeling better?

PF thank you. Hope your ok.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • JWPopps
    JWPopps Posts: 341 Forumite
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »

Like all responsible parents I have a tiny horses harness and carriage and get DD to pull it all home ;) She's a bit slow on her tiny legs but a lump of sugar works wonders.:rotfl:

....I'm reconsidering this child-free thing... :rotfl:
    Mortgage: £83,000
    Credit Card Debt: £1,700
    Loan Debt: £3,000

• Bobarella
    Options
    Oh god...Had been having quite a nice 'relaxing' day (is it ever really, with a 2foot nutter on the loose?

When what drops into my inbox but an email replying to my rates query. Worded as ' they need more information and it could entail a visit or complex rating calculations' I literally feel sick now. Apparently it could take up to 40 days for this to happen.

The first new payment would be due on April 15th so only around a month till then now. Just want it resolved.

Have to go out in a minute.

I just don't know how I feel about any of it. On the one hand a successful weekends events. Everyone happy, some money made. On the other it is bone wearyingly hard work at times. Yesterday I was at work from 9.30 to around 3, with no break, a lot of cleaning and that was on the back of a night that ended at stupid o clock the night before.

I'm all over the place. Me and DH never row, but he was getting really angry with me yesterday about the measuring up thing for the rates, and I was angry back because it's yet another thing I have to do on top of everything else.

I don't believe in quitting and I've worked myself into the ground these last 5 years to try and deal with the situation my actions have created but I am at my wits end I think.

Surely we go to work to be paid? Something which in all honesty I barely am.

I know no one can tell anyone else what to do or how to live their lives so I'm more ranting really.

Gotta go.

Bob

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Oh Bob that's rubbish, my experience the wheels of bureaucracy go very slowly....

I definitely agree its not unreasonable to expect to be paid for work done. One of the main reason DH gave up his self employed income.

Sending hugs x
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Oh Bob that's rubbish, my experience the wheels of bureaucracy go very slowly....

I definitely agree its not unreasonable to expect to be paid for work done. One of the main reason DH gave up his self employed income.

Sending hugs x

Thanks PF for reading my rambling angry woman post!

• kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Oh god...Had been having quite a nice 'relaxing' day (is it ever really, with a 2foot nutter on the loose?

Bob

I'm most amused by the above - tickled my Monday afternoon :)

Oh Bob, I really feel for you with the rates issue - you run around constantly and can't possibly do anymore than you are doing but something like this can have such an effect on your morale and your fledgling business.

I firmly believe that you will see a massive difference between now and next year with the amount of events you are having and the publicity generated but it's whether weathering the storm now is doable for you.

Big hugs
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Ah, Bob - hope they come out sooner rather than later - and that the result is favourable.

Rant away whenever necessary.... xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • hugglemonster
    hugglemonster Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sending you massive virtual hugs and lots of tea and cake, always good to let out your frustrations. I bet your dh is just as annoyed with have to appeal the measurements but you're the nearest one to rant to too!

Hope you've managed to relax a little bit, doesn't get any better my dd is a 5ft nutter shimmying around the house :D

I also hope the measuring is done as quickly as possible.

H x
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh Bob, sorry your peaceful (ish) afternoon turned into a stress.

Fingers crossed that the rates get lowered and then you can hopefully continue. I do agree though you do lots of running around xx
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport