Shavers.co.uk great service

Options
I have a Phillips shaver that needs replacement heads that I couldn't find anymore so started looking for a new shaver and decided on 1 of 3 varying in price from £150 to £230 (same ones at John Lewis and other places between £250 and £350) so rang to get some more information.
Spoke to Luke who gave me some sound advice and I just mentioned the shaver that I was replacing and he immediately told me the heads on the shavers I was looking at will fit my current shaver and it was pointless spending all that money if my current shaver base was still holding charge.
He could easily have sold me the more expensive models and I would have been non the wiser.
The new heads were £40
I have actually used this company before but will definitely keep going back in future:D

Comments

• IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    They used to have a shop in Nottingham, Olympic Shaver Centre.

They handle the repair/ replacement of Braun toothbrushes also.

Highly recommended, and great to see a local company diversifying and doing well.
  • ScorpiondeRooftrouser
    Options
    That's Luke sacked when they read this, then.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I find the replacement heads are a lot rougher than the original Phillips heads .
  • coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    JJ_Egan wrote: »
    I find the replacement heads are a lot rougher than the original Phillips heads .

Is that genuine OEM replacement heads or Chinese knock-offs, though?
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Genuine Phillips but i understand Phillips do an original and now for many older shavers its an inferior Phillips Noralco head .
  • coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Useful to know, thanks. I'm currently using some £4 ebay specials and although they do work, you have to move more slowly and the finish isn't great. I often do a single-pass wet shave afterwards...
  • hollie.weimeraner
    Options
    They are also a lot cheaper than the main stores for new shavers. I was going to opt for the £195 shaver which was retailing for £325 at John lewis.
    Yes the replacements are Norelco but I replaced the last head with a Norelco and it was OK. I suspect that the originals are also Norelco as I cannot see Phillips having one manufacturer for the original and another for the replacements.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure